Running Wild

Cold Gin

Aug 8, 2002
Germany
Visit site
I know Gates to Purgatory, Under Jolly Roger and Port Royal. How are the albums since then, any recommendations ? I think the line up has changed a couple of times since then.

Dodens Grav said:
Eveything they've done from the beginning up to Black Hand Inn is fantastic, and Masquerade is still pretty good. After that they went downhill. That's still 8-9 albums of good material though. They continually increased in speed, the pinnacle being Pile Of Skulls.

Listen to this man. He knows his shit. Though i think Masquarade is better than Blazon Stone, but both are worth getting.

I think their last worthy album was Rivalry, I would rate it on the same level as Masquerade, and it's a bit more varied (for a RW record that is :D).

IMO Running Wild started dying when it became Rolf's solo band 6 or 7 years ago, with him now using a drum machine... not to mention that the latest album (Rogues en Vogue) is... shameful to say the least. Their worst by far, still IMO.

I would suggest Death Or Glory (a great follow-up to Port Royal), Pile of Skulls (typical 90's Running Wild here) and Black Hand Inn (their heaviest along with Masquerade) :headbang:

I'm too hard on them, I like only the first two albums before the piracy stuff comes
grim.gif

Rolf always writes the same songs since 1995 he just give them different names. If you like one album, you´ll like all. I forget to care about them in the 90ies, but I still like the old records, especially the song "Prisoners of our time" this one has a killer hookline.