RUSH Guitarist ALEX LIFESON: 'It's Hard To Stop Wars And It's Hard To Stop The Abuse

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Rock journalist Lucas H. Gordon conducted an interview with RUSH guitarist Alex LifesonScott Medlock - Robby Krieger St. Jude Invitational golf classic benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The event took place on September 22 at the Moorpark Country Club in Moorpark, California.Asked about his involvement with the Scott Medlock - Robby Krieger St. Jude Invitational golf classic, Lifeson said (see video below): "It's always good to be able to give back something. We do a lot of charity things, because you have the time to do it. It makes a difference; it makes a really big difference. And to be connected with St. Jude and this particular event for the first time for me is a real treat. So I hope to be back many times."Regarding what causes and issues he is particularly concerned with, Lifeson said: "It's hard to stop wars and it's hard to stop the abuse of the planet and all of those things. I guess you just do what you can do and voice your concern. But, you know, it's a different age. Everything happens so quickly, and people forget things so quickly, and they're onto the next thing, so that's a bit of a problem."

More...