Rush In Rio DVD

A good one?? Man, this is the best DVD that has been released the last 50 years!! Even the new songs are great, but you are right when you say that the old songs rock!! Working Man, By-Tor and Cygnus X-1, what a way to end a concert!! :hotjump:

Great DVD, it's definitely the best dvd I own, the setlist is HUGE, and I really like the audio and video quality. Wish I could afford to see them on this tour :(

The concert got 4 out of 5 in the papers. Personally i'd give it 2 or 3. To many covers from the new album. But it definitly had some highlights. Best in show (for me anyway) was "Red Barchetta"

Maron said:
The concert got 4 out of 5 in the papers. Personally i'd give it 2 or 3. To many covers from the new album. But it definitly had some highlights. Best in show (for me anyway) was "Red Barchetta"

I give it a 5 out of 5!! Man, it was f@cking great. They played 4 covers x 3 minutes = 12 minutes, out of 190 minutes!! Yes, they played more than 3 hours of music!! There aren't many bands that play 2 hours, let alone 3 hours!!

Highlights for me:

Red Barchetta (YES!)
Heart full of soul (tears in my eyes, so good!)
Xanadu/By-Tor/Working Man

And my personnal highlight: I caught a shirt that was thrown out of Geddy's Dryer!!!!! :hotjump:

I agree with the highlights but the covers sucks
With so much original material too play you just don´t play covers. Not in Sweden anyway. We got enough bands ( duos ) doing it here already:D

I used to cry myself to sleep knowing i will never see Rush live...

This DVD put an end to all that.... almost.

Loki Lefay said:
I used to cry myself to sleep knowing i will never see Rush live...

This DVD put an end to all that.... almost.

:confused: Oh, how sad. I've seen Rush twice and they just do something to the crowd that no other band can do! All these happy fuckers all around it is amazing!

The Rush in Rio DVD is very good as is Opeth's Lamentations. I'm still loving Lamentations and it is in high rotation on my DVD player. I hear the Australian heavy metal band Dungeon just put out a concert DVD. I want to get that! Symphony X needs to put out a concert DVD NOW NOW NOW!!!! :worship: