RUSH's ALEX LIFESON Talks Musician Influences, Offers Advice To Young Musicians (Vide

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
IndiePower.com recently conducted an interview with legendary RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson. You can now watch the chat below. On the people that inspired him to become a musician: Lifeson: "I loved music, period. I mean, from the BEACH BOYS to Jimi Hendrix and everything in between… THE WHO, LED ZEPPELIN… Like most kids [growing up in] the Sixties, it's all those bands and all kinds of music." On what it was about the '70s that is still so powerful today over all the decades: Lifeson: "I don't know… I guess it was an era in music, and there's staying power in a lot of that music. Things were so different then. Communication is so instant now and everybody's got thousands of songs on their iPhone. It's a whole different thing. Certainly the most of that era, for the most part, is quite enduring." On what advice he would give to young musicians today: Lifeson: "Just persevere, I guess. I mean, it's very, very difficult, I think, these days. You've just gotta keep at it."

More...