RUSH's GEDDY LEE Is Not Ready To Write His Autobiography

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Geddy Lee says that he is not ready to write an autobiography. The RUSH bassist/vocalist has spent most of last year promoting "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book Of Bass", which showcases his collection of bass guitars and the stories behind them. Asked in a recent interview with U.K.'s Bass Guitar magazine if fans can expect him to tell his life story in book form next, Lee responded: "It's funny, when I went to do this bass book, everybody wanted me to do one of those. They said, 'We'll let you do this silly book, but how about an autobiography?' "I don't think my story's done yet. It feels a bit premature. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I don't quite feel like I'm ready to do that yet. I have other ideas for books, but they're not autobiographical." "Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book Of Bass" was released last December. Among the instruments showcased in the book are by Fender, Gibson/Epiphone, Rickenbacker, Hofner, Ampeg — and lesser-known-but-influential global luthiers such as Antonio Wandr Pioli, Dan Armstrong and Tony Zemaitis. Interspersed in the book are interviews by such high-profile players and technicians as John Paul Jones, Adam Clayton, Robert Trujillo, Jeff Tweedy, Bill Wyman, Les Claypool, along with Pete Townshend's legendary guitar tech, Alan Rogan.
geddyleebassguitarcover.jpg

Continue reading...