SABATON's JOAKIM BRODÉN Talks Most Embarassing Moments, Groupies And Relationships (V

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ivana Prica conducted an interview with vocalist Joakim Brodén of Swedish metallers SABATON on July 25 at the MetalDays festival in Slovenia. You can now watch the chat below. SABATON's latest album, "Heroes", was recently certified gold in the group's home country for sales in excess of 20,000 copies. Note: The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) in Sweden has revised the sales requirements for albums to reach gold status in the country twice in the last seven years — from the pre-2002 level of 40,000 to the current 20,000. "Heroes" sold around 3,100 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 99 on The Billboard 200 chart. Released on May 16 via Nuclear Blast Records, the "Heroes" cover artwork was created by Péter Sallai. A number of bonus tracks were made available, including cover versions of songs originally written and recorded by METALLICA, BATTLE BEAST and RAUBTIER. "Heroes" was tracked at The Abyss, the recording studio in Pärlby outside Ludvika, Sweden owned and operated by record producer and musician Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN). In a recent interview with The Metalithic, SABATON vocalist Joakim Brodén stated about the songwriting process for "Heroes": "As I was writing the album, I was suffering from extreme performance anxiety since this is the first album with the new lineup, and if I had fucked up and written a bad album, everybody would have blamed the new boys."

More...