Sabbat / Usurper /Oct 31 / Skullview/Metalucifer.....

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
This is a pretty packed line up. Reggies Nov 8th.

Sabbat ( Japan )
Usurper ( reunion show )
Skullview
October 31
Stone Magnum
Metalucifer ( japan )
Scythe

It was originally the same night as Manowar but it was moved to avoid conflict. While some may say it was a great alternative to that show. If you were putting your own money down putting this show on...what would you do? This is almost a mini festival.

10275466_796463227052561_932251068437872670_o.jpg

While some may say it was a great alternative to that show. If you were putting your own money down putting this show on...what would you do? This is almost a mini festival.

LOLZ -
Bob, it would have been ok to say, "Jason said this but I did not agree....."

I just meant that in an odd way, going against Manowar may have helped, simply because so many folks are anti-Manowar these days. It could have been the Anti-Manowar show.

This show will do just fine regardless of the date. It's a stacked lineup indeed.

It is a tough one...look how many people who were not able to get into Manowar in Feb. I was shocked to see a lot of the Chicago death metal types even at the show. It could have been a tough one for people to pick.

I know Sabbat is doing Texas I think and LA as well. This is the strongest of the line ups though for sure.

I'm only anti-Manowar because they charge $80 for a fucking ticket. Gorilla juicehead assholes.

Definitely going to this fucker. Literally every band playing rules, and I missed out on seeing Sabbat last year. And fuck, Metalucifer just rules at everything.

I'm only anti-Manowar because they charge $80 for a fucking ticket.

Well, a seat for Judas Priest in Detroit is $99 before fees....

How many chances since you have been into metal have you had to see Manowar, as opposed to Priest?

Piss and moan all you want about Manowar. They will do fine regardless of the haterz.

exactly...that line was huge for the Feb show...all people willing to drop the money for them.

This show with Sabbat should do really good. Hope it sells out. Hopefully nothing else drops the same day.

Well, a seat for Judas Priest in Detroit is $99 before fees....

How many chances since you have been into metal have you had to see Manowar, as opposed to Priest?

Piss and moan all you want about Manowar. They will do fine regardless of the haterz.

Did you seriously just compare Manowar to Priest? Let's face facts here. Priest is WAY more popular and have the right to charge that much. Plus with Priest, you know you'll be getting a lengthy show.

Don't get me wrong. I love Manowar and I still would have paid to see them when they were here.

I am comparing in regards to the ability to see them live.

Of course the literal demand for Priest to play live is far greater than Manowar.

Still though, the opportunity to see Manowar here is a lot less. Tis all I meant.

Meh, seeing Manowar play maybe 2 songs off their first 4 albums and the rest being stuff from Gods of War and Lord of Steel is the problem I have with that ticket price. I'd gladly drop the money if they did an exclusive Into Glory Ride/Hail to England show or something.

I have the same beef with the current incarnation of Sabbath...if you can call them that.

Usurper cancels....from the Bones facebook page...

Some of you may know us of from the band we used to be in, Usurper, which imploded in '07. Two years later Joe, Chris and I started Bones. Around the same time, Rick Scythe started his band, Scythe. Over the last few months we all started talking about doing a Usurper reunion of some kind. The thought was to have the original lineup from our first 2 releases get together and play a show of oldies. Rick and Joe started rehearsing, and I joined them a couple times. It sounded great and the magic is still there, trust me. But, our original singer, The General, made it clear he was content to let the past be the past. Honestly, I kind of agree with him. We were booked for the RIP Records Anniversary show with Sabbat, Metalucifer, Skullview and others on one seriously stacked bill. Without the General, Rick and I tried splitting the vox between us at rehearsal, but it didn't sound right. It didn't sound like Usurper. Mix that with our other band's schedules, and a few other issues, means that we wouldn't be able to properly deliver the goods in a way that we could be proud of. So, Usurper is off the bill of this show. We hate to cancel, but there's nothing worse than a half assed reunion. So, we want to let everyone know now as soon as possible. Usurper meant the world to us back in the day, and to just go through the motions wouldn't be right for anyone involved. Cheers to you all... Jon - Bones