Sacramento, CA...

Sacramento? Drummers? LOL

Music scene here went to shit around 2007. The hardcore scene is getting bigger, though. May I ask as to why you're coming out this way?

You get to hang out with TheWinterSnow and MetalWorks and myself now :danceboy: :Smokedev: :Shedevil::Smokin: :danceboy: :danceboy: :danceboy:

Ain't dick around here for talented musicians, especially drummers. Trying to start a Death Metal band or mediocre risecore band then you are in the town to be. Technicians are a different story, we have a few local builders around, but don't ask me specifically for piano techs.

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. Piano Tech/ Drumming / Building guitars are my 3 main trades.

My girl is from there, we feel like a change of scenery, she has family there, and we are still young(ish).

I'm going to NAMM next week so I am going to keep some eyes peeled for some guitar shops in the Sac. area...huh huh. Sac.

If I can find some part time build work, a hand full of tunings, and a cover band gig i should be able to survive. My, lady is a chef so, we will more than likely be some night owls.

The plan is to get pretty close to downtown as well.

As far as the gigging goes I'll be looking fr a busy cover band. Or anyone making some money at least once a week.

Picking up a metal gig won't be on the top of my priority list but, let's face it....I'ts gonna happen! :headbang:

Either way. Finding some good kicking will also be a must :kickass:

You are a drummer you say...well I have a second band that is trying to form, more hard rock/radio friendly metal. If and when you are looking for something in that vein, hit me up.

Stay out of the directly surrounding areas of downtown, they are all sketchy places. Newer development just outside the older areas are where to go like Natomas, and if you don't mind being too far, Rocklin, Folsom, Roseville, Elk Grove and the south residential area of West Sacramento are all nice, just stay away from living in downtown West Sacramento, Del Paso Heights, Arden-Arcade, South Sacramento and for good measure since some areas can be a hit or miss, Charmichael. Worst case scenario unless you live up towards the mountains up I-80 you are no more than 30 minutes away from downtown, so, yeah this is a pretty small place.

Bro you forgot about Granite Bay, Citrus Heights, Fair Oaks, NewCastle, Auburn, Ophir and Antelope hahaha those places aren't bad. I lived in GB and most people act like they're in Beverly Hills...

If you're in a band and trying to record, you're probably going to record with Bob. Or drop $3000 a song with Colby and get signed to Artery. Those are the only 'recording studios' that exist north of San Fransisco.

You'll have to sell shitloads of expensive presales to play at the only venue owned by Eric Rushing. Or play at the Boardwalk and have Claud fuck up your sound and have the same obligation with presales. Or play a random show at Retro/Studio 21 and not get paid and then have the cops called on you and blacklisted from their venue. Or play shows with the Branch St people or a random downtown bar nobody will be at.

The Guitar Center in Arden is alright, but the one in Roseville is full of carsalesmen motherfuckers. Avoid Northridge or Rockland Music- just old people that are rude and try to sell you things at msrp. Skips Music is the place to go.

The Roseville Galleria/Fountains (or the area in general) is congested and annoying. Sunrise Mall is going out of business. Folsom Mall is a ghost town. Arden Mall is gross. K Street Mall is pretty gross.

Bars are usually full of white trash, bros or gross hipsters. If you don't smoke copious amounts of marijuana, drink at bars nightly, go clubbing or love risecore music/shows tattoos and body mods- you're kind of out of luck for things to do and people to do it with.

Oh, and everyone knows each other here. Your best bet would be to stop in Old Sac, go to Evangeline's and then go eat come cake at Rick's diner and then hop back in the car and go to the Bay Area. Or Washington/Oregon.

to all the dudes in here bitching about sactown, remember this: dude is moving from NE ohio

sure sac seems like shitty to people in cali, but this guy's gonna feel like he's in paradise

to all the dudes in here bitching about sactown, remember this: dude is moving from NE ohio

sure sac seems like shitty to people in cali, but this guy's gonna feel like he's in paradise

hahahaha:fu: I lol'd

Yeah. Minimum wage, unemployment rates, and crime rates are nothing to brag about over here. But, this is the type of shit I want to know. The good, the bad, and the Fugly. Keep it coming; opinions and facts, let em' roll!

the one thing i can tell you that you're gonna have to get used to between the midwest and cali is the mexicans. get used to lots and lots of mexicans...

Crazy how burriots range even in Cali. The burritos from sac don't taste like real burritos compared to SD yet thy still taste 90% than the rest of the worlds burritos Goes to show that the Mexican. Behind the burrito really counts!!

There was only guy in here bitching. The two things that suck about Sacramento is is heat and the local music scene. Outside of that I would rather be in this general direction than just about anywhere else in California.

As for the burritos, if you know where to go you can get authentic Mexican food. There are a lot of small family owned Mexican restaurants where everyone that works in there can barely speak English and you are usually the only white person in there eating. There are also plenty of Mexicans that out on the corners of intersections and your local grocery store that again can barely speak English that make some bomb ass food.

And yeah, it is very Sacramento to have a fetish like obsession with In and Out.