Sacred Oath WORLD ON FIRE

MysticX9

Feb 27, 2002
Macon, GA
Here's the new single from Sacred Oath's upcoming album WORLD ON FIRE:

Info about the new album:

Sacred Oath will release the brand new album World On Fire as an iTunes exclusive on Tuesday October 26th – just in time for Halloween. The deluxe bundle includes 11 songs and a PDF of the cover art, lyrics and liner notes.

The album was produced by singer/guitarist Rob Thorne at his studio in Connecticut during February and March this year. “I couldn’t be happier with how this recording turned out,” says Thorne, who has produced all but one of Sacred Oath’s albums. “It was important to me that World On Fire have its own sonic character. That can be a challenge when making albums so close to each other, but this album stands on its own. I hope the fans will love it.”

World On Fire is Sacred Oath’s fourth studio album. Running time is 58:11. Track listing is as follows:

1. Sweet Agony
2. Meet Your Maker
3. The King Must Die
4. Sandrider
5. Front Line
6. Face of Evil
7. Drums of War
8. Revolution
9. When the War is Over
10. On Death Row
11. World On Fire

This CD marks a return to the concept album format for Sacred Oath. Most of the songs are based on the popular sci fi novel Dune by Frank Herbert. The cover art was painted by famed sci fi artist Michael Whelan (Stephen King, Sepultura, Evile). “This cover is perfect,” said Thorne in a recent interview. “I was introduced to Michael at an Evile concert this summer and knew right away that I wanted to get his work on a Sacred Oath album.”

All other major digital retailers will have the album available for sale on November 9th (worldwide). A digipack CD version with lyric booklet will also be available in North America. No physical release date has been set for Europe, Japan, or South America as of yet.

www.sacredoath.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering they are on the same town as I am, it won't be long until Sacred Oath plays a show locally. Even though I am not a big fan, I'd attend just because Rob is a hell of a cool guy and I do respect them big time.

Considering they are on the same town as I am, it won't be long until Sacred Oath plays a show locally. Even though I am not a big fan, I'd attend just because Rob is a hell of a cool guy and I do respect them big time.

Definitely, Rob is very cool and although I've never seen them, I have a feeling they are excellent live...