Sad Opeth News

This is very sad news. Lopez was one of my favorite drummers. A great portion of Opeth's intensity is through his mind numbing performances. It's unbelievable how constant his feet have been throughout his tenure in the band. I hope one day he will be back, but you never know. Martin Axenrot is very good, though. The last 2 times I have seen Opeth he was with them and kicking ass. Long live the legacy of MARTIN LOPEZ!!! I put on Amon Amarth's Once Sent yesterday in dedication, and had on alot of Opeth throughout today. I think it's time for My Arms. Cheers!

BABS said:
Due to ongoing health issues, Martin Lopez (drummer for Opeth) is stepping down from his drum kit.

You can read more about it at:

www.opeth.com or www.myspace.com/opeth

Those of you on myspace, please take time to leave some words of encouragement for Martin.

I find this very though for everybody who like's OPETH.
I wish Martin a lot of strenght:headbang:

I hate to hear that. He has not played with them the last 2 or 3 times i saw them so i thought this may occur... :(

Not really a surprise from the rumblings I've heard over the past year or so...I hope he gets better, every member of that band is talented.