Safe Home "Acoustic"

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Just heard it for the first time when I got the Digipak. Cool packaging by the way. I think the acoustic version kicks serious ass. I would have recorded it in a slightly higher key though because Bush, although the singing on it is awesome, is singing pretty much in the same register as his talking voice. I have an idea. Does anyone have the Cure's greatest hits??? It's a double CD, the first one are all the hits, the second one are all the same exact songs in the same exact order, but all recorded acoustic. Anthrax already have a shit load of greatest hits packages. Maybe Maxmimus Livus or whatever it's gonna be called should be a double CD with the second disc being studio acoustic verbatim of the first disc.

yeah i have that cure double CD- reminds me i haven't heard it in about a year!
from what i remember the acoustic thing was a good idea but somehow it sounded like (from what i remember) they recorded it in a day and that whole CD sounded really dull and flat. they should have put more effort into it.

but yeah a thrax acoustic CD would be really cool...

Acoustic "Safe Home" rules. I really like it.
bRaTpRiNcEsS is gonna have to borrow some 'Depends' (or something) when she hears John's sexy vocals on that song...:D

i like the music on the acoustic safe home but john aint cut out for this song,one tone all the way thru does absolutely nothing for the song!!!!

i could picture james hetfield or even zakk wylde and thats no offence to john but it just doesnt suit his style.

no am i gonna get bashed or what:)

No bashing here. I've already gone on record saying I wasn't crazy about this version. I like the intro to the song, but that's about it. Everyone sounds drunk and stoned. Plus, Safe Home is one of my least favorite tracks on the whole album, so having to listen to it twice per each listening of the album has become too much, so I've found myself skipping this one most of the time. Sorry to be a voice of dissent, but to each his own. :D

I think Bush's vocals would have been better on this version if it was recorded in a full step higher key. I know he can belt out clean vocals good. I remember sitting with him on the tour bus a few years ago and he started singing for no reason. A cover and I'm not gonna say of what because there may be some bashing, he may have had a stiff drink or two in him, but I was blown away. He's a good vocalist

AlexStomp said:
A cover and I'm not gonna say of what because there may be some bashing, he may have had a stiff drink or two in him, but I was blown away. He's a good vocalist

Tell us tell us tell us :D

I haven't heard tainted past but overall 'safe home' acoustic is great. Musicianship shines but Bush's vocals could have been better in my opinion if it had been recorded in a full step higher.

i suppose every singer is gonna have there weakness somewhere,he just doesnt shine on this one.bare,black lodge he does a pretty good job but i much prefer him singing hard stuff.

I reakon its fantastic. The track is not produced too much, which makes it feel like the guys are playing the song right in front of you. Rob's lead work also is superb.