Saffire users...

JoergieN

Jul 12, 2010
Drøbak, Norway
I've set up my new saffire and I'm trying to plug my guitar directly into the input and track using Pod Farm. However, it will only let me monitor through the saffire while I'm tracking. But after I've already recorded the track, then I get to monitor through my DAW and can hear the effects from the amp sims. Does that make sense? Essentially I'm trying to be able to monitor through my daw so that I can hear the effects from pod farm while I'm tracking. Anyone know what to do about this issue?

^ I'm pretty sure that's not essential though? Mix Control can be on its default setting, you just have to make sure you have monitoring activated in your DAW, surely? I'm not saying you're wrong, Noumenon, but you've just totally fuckin confused me :lol:

Maagisk, have you got the saffire set up as your main ASIO device in your DAW?

^ I'm pretty sure that's not essential though? Mix Control can be on its default setting, you just have to make sure you have monitoring activated in your DAW, surely? I'm not saying you're wrong, Noumenon, but you've just totally fuckin confused me :lol:

Maagisk, have you got the saffire set up as your main ASIO device in your DAW?

Sorry, I assumed live monitoring was setup in the sequencer :) I got My saffire56 yesterday and all I had to do was setup mix control, hence the answer :)

My only grub now is that I have to stretch such a long way to regulate the monitor level :/ The volume control in osx is so flaky.

Big knob anyone?