samael + cathedral + without face

opacity

Sep 17, 2001
[lower austria]
last night (8.2.2003), I went to see this gig cos I havn't seen samael and cathedral before.

I was stunned by cathedral :OMG: I knew they'd play Doom, but that was only half the story as I've heard yesterday :) great music, good balance of doom songs and headbang-songs (yeah, that's the other part of the cathedral-story, which I didn't know :) :headbang: )

but as much as I was impressed by cathedral, as much I was disappointed in Samael :( I havn't really followed their doing, only knew that with "Passage" they have changed. but I never knew they'd do completely electronical music now, with a fuckin' drum-computer onstage :ill: it was 75 minutes pure techno with live guitars... - well thanks, don't necessarily wanna see these Samael again... I heard some ppl. talking that the last album was only to fulfill contract duties, so maybe there's hope for Samael :rolleyes:

btw, Samael's singer must have had an accident with his leg...

well.... I'm confused :confused: totally...

I was impressed by cathedral live, so I thought I'd give them a closer listen.....

... the result is not so overwhelming :ill: I went to their homepage and listened to the samples and went like: wtf!?? this is stoner rock or something?!

I'm totally confused about cathedral now....

:confused: