Sameness_off

ForbiddenAngel

IT AINT GONNA LICK ITSELF
Feb 24, 2003
AZ
Visit site
Music is about change. The blues, Rock, Metal, Punk, New Wave, etc. These names we give to change. And in music you either change or you get left behind. Unfortunately the music sometimes get hijacked and distorted for personal gain. There are times when the entire industry holds the music hostage by pumping out more and more commercially driven clones. There are times when we wonder if the music will ever sruggle free. The truth is this, In the end music always wins. And those who stand in the way of music always lose.

ForbiddenAngel said:
Music is about change. The blues, Rock, Metal, Punk, New Wave, etc. These names we give to change. And in music you either change or you get left behind. Unfortunately the music sometimes get hijacked and distorted for personal gain. There are times when the entire industry holds the music hostage by pumping out more and more commercially driven clones. There are times when we wonder if the music will ever sruggle free. The truth is this, In the end music always wins. And those who stand in the way of music always lose.

I hope your right...,.but what change do you predict? Either way I'll despise the bands on MTV for being media whores and continue to hail the un sung heros known as Jason Becker and Marty Friedman.

What I hope to happen to the media is that it will stop being biased towards different styles of music, and have more metal influenced bands.

I can always dream..............................................neon black.:p

WarHead said:
I hope your right...,.but what change do you predict? Either way I'll despise the bands on MTV for being media whores and continue to hail the un sung heros known as Jason Becker and Marty Friedman.

What I hope to happen to the media is that it will stop being biased towards different styles of music, and have more metal influenced bands.

I can always dream..............................................neon black.:p

Ex-fuckin-actly:headbang:

ForbiddenAngel said:
I fucking hate MTV....How much music has gone unheard so boy bands might be seen...

Too much....,.,.but it got so bad that I stopped caring. Eventually people will realize that MTV is poisoning the minds of the youth in America and making them feel "uncool" if they arent 1) Urban 2) Media Whores 3) Rich

I lost 3 years of my life trying to fit into this system and now regret it immensely. Especially when it comes to being a lead guitarist, in which MTV gives the impressiont that its "uncool" to do solos.

Damn.,..that wired me up,.,.,.i must go practice now! :D

What I find interesting is some bands that are getting radio play are actually quite heavy BUT thier cd's are mixed in a way that seems to castrate thier true musical power or the potential there of.Check out Switched or Spine Shank for example, sure they both have a more modernish/Nu styling but they have some heavy rhythms in there.

Ironicly if a metal band starts getting air play they are either critisized as sell outs or they're radio edited to a point of stupidity.

Most of us don't listen to the radio or ever even think about mtv as a musical option.We listen to our music in our enviorments so there is no reason for them to even consider marketing towards us in general.

I can't even remember when tv or radio last peaked my interest in a new band.

There's my ramblings...

Imperiled Earth said:
What I find interesting is some bands that are getting radio play are actually quite heavy BUT thier cd's are mixed in a way that seems to castrate thier true musical power or the potential there of.Check out Switched or Spine Shank for example, sure they both have a more modernish/Nu styling but they have some heavy rhythms in there.

Ironicly if a metal band starts getting air play they are either critisized as sell outs or they're radio edited to a point of stupidity.

Most of us don't listen to the radio or ever even think about mtv as a musical option.We listen to our music in our enviorments so there is no reason for them to even consider marketing towards us in general.

I can't even remember when tv or radio last peaked my interest in a new band.

There's my ramblings...

Dude just because a band has a "heavy" riff doesnt make them metal. I doubt that all "nu metal" bands have had their solos edited out.

I cant get over how hot forbiddenangel is :D

But anyway, some good stuff gets played on the radio. There is a good rock station up here that plays tons of metal bands at night. They even have a show of live performances and they played DT, i was impressed. There also is a Free format station up here in my school and there is generally something for everyone. I handle the prog and the metal for the station. There are lots of people who listen. I think there is a bright future for music once everyone realizes how much these poser bands truly do suck.

Heres to the future!

Every Sunday at 10pm on 98KUPD here in PHX, they play nothing but Metal, called "into the Pit". for only 2 hours, metal is heard. Ya sure don't here metal throughout the day or morning. AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Im just rambling, letting go of frustration. lol.

My point being is I agree with you on radio stations only playing SOME good stuff over the air......Unless your up a 3-5am....your shit outta luck......

Not really my type, but I see the attraction:)

We have a couple of metal radio stations over here(Total rock kicks arse,It has Krusher, and Krusher like Devin and Sabbath
sasmokin.gif
)
The shitty thing is you need a digital radio or cable to get them.Bollocks. But it fits in with the underground status. I have only heard a couple of shit bands played and the abuse they got was unreal.
There was one guy who sent a 5 page e-mail so they promised never to play linkin park again. METAL WOOOAH!

heh. yeh, but all those 'poser' bands on mtv are gettin paid big bucks just to play music. thats pretty dope for them. i wouldnt mind gettin paid big bucks to make shit music, becuase on your free time you can have side projects that are actually good.
-neal