SAMMY HAGAR Dishes On Rum And His New Book

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, rocker Sammy Hagar spent last weekend doing what he loves. He played the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival where he got to team up with his friend of over twenty years, Emeril Lagasse, for an evening of music and alcohol. Hagar told Billboard.com, "Sometimes he cooks for me in the house… I have an acoustic guitar and play and goof off while he's cooking. And I will jump up and say, 'Emeril, let me cook one dish.' And I'll bang something out." In addition to playing at the festival, Hagar got to enjoy some of his own rum, Sammy's Beach Bar Rum, which is made in Hawaii where the rocker has a home. He explained, "The only white rum you can drink straight . . . You can do shots like tequila. Put it over rocks. It's so pure."Hagar plans to couple some of his interest in the near future as he plans to release a coffee book that will include food and cocktail pairings. The former VAN HALEN lead singer said jokingly, "I would just like to be the real most interesting man in the world… I want to do so many things. And I want to do them good."

More...