SAMMY HAGAR Inducted Into BAMMIES WALK OF FAME: Photos, Video

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar was honored with a plaque on the Bammies Walk Of Fame in San Francisco, California on Friday (March 23). Said Hagar in a statement: "What an honor to be inducted into the Bammies Walk Of Fame. Nothing like being recognized by the your hometown! "Thanks to Dan Ashley for the great introduction, congratulations to fellow inductee Steven Seaweed, and thanks to Kenny Wardell Sr. for putting it all together. "In 1967, when I first came to San Francisco, I knew it was a place for me. There was (and still is) something about the music scene that is not the middle-of-the-road, commercial path. That is the road I am still on. I like where it's taken me thus far, and I am still excited about the road ahead!" Photos of Hagar's induction can be found on his web site. A video report from KGO-TV is available below. Only eight other musicians have been honored on the Bammies Walk Of Fame, including METALLICA, Carlos Santana, Jerry Garcia, JOURNEY, JEFFERSON STARSHIP and Janis Joplin. The plaques are located in front of the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium.

Continue reading...