SAMMY HAGAR To Release 'Lite Roast' Later This Month

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar (CHICKENFOOT, VAN HALEN, MONTROSE) will release his first-ever acoustic album titled "Lite Roast" on October 14 via Mailboat Records. Joining Sammy on the CD is Vic Johnson, longtime guitarist of WABORITAS, Hagar's backup band, on guitar and vocals. "I realize that when I played my songs acoustically, it made me sing different. It brought a new light to the lyrics that I’d written throughout my career," says Hagar. "It's very live, very personal, with Vic accompanying me on guitar and singing background vocals," he adds. "No overdubs… I think that my hardcore fans are really going to love it." The idea for "Lite Roast" was spurred by Hagar's preparation for the first annual "Acoustic-4-A-Cure" concert, which was held on May 15 at the Fillmore in San Francisco, California. The event benefitted the Pediatric Cancer Program at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, and featured solo sets, duets and jam sessions. "Lite Roast" track listing: 01. Red Voodoo (from "Red Voodoo") 02. One Sip (from "Livin' It Up!") 03. Finish What Ya Started (from VAN HALEN's "OU812") 04. Eagles Fly (from "I Never Said Goodbye") 05. The Love (from "Red Voodoo") 06. Father Son (from "Sammy Hagar & Friends") 07. Dreams (from VAN HALEN's "5150") 08. Deeper Kinda Love (from "Ten 13") 09. Who Has The Right (from "Marching To Mars") 10. Sailin' (from Livin' It Up!) 11. Halfway To Memphis (from "Livin' It Up!") Sammy Hagar's first-ever rock collaborations album, "Sammy Hagar And Friends", sold around 15,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 23 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD arrived in stores on September 24, 2013 via Frontiers Hagar enlisted three legendary musicians — Toby Keith, Mickey Hart and Taj Mahal — to round out the final three tracks on "Sammy Hagar And Friends". The effort was preceded by the CD's first single and video for the high-voltage track "Knockdown Dragout" featuring Kid Rock, Joe Satriani and Denny Carmassi.
sammyhagarliteroastcd.jpg
(Thanks: NJthrasher)

More...