SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE's WARREL DANE Says His Upcoming Solo Album Will Include DEPECHE M

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
David Priest of The Metal Priest recently conducted an interview with vocalist Warrel Dane (SANCTUARY, NEVERMORE).Asked if fans can ever expect to hear a follow-up album to his 2008 debut solo effort, "Praises To The War Machine", Dane said: "Yes, yes, yes, there is going to be another solo record. I'm working on that. It's gonna be a cover record, kind of in the fashion of Johnny Cash, what he did with 'American Songs', and I'm thinking mainly Nineties, kind of, goth-metal songs. The first pick was 'Barrel Of A Gun' by DEPECHE MODE, 'Dear God' by XTC… When I go after cover songs, I go after the lyrics, 'cause I'm a lyric writer. And it's gonna be a great record; I know that much. That's what I'm doing next. But this, SANCTUARY, is my focus, for sure. It's absolutely my focus.""Praises to the War Machine" was released in May 2008 via Century Media Records. The CD saw Dane surrounding himself with some of the best musicians that he could find, including Peter Wichers (ex-SOILWORK) on guitar and bass, Dirk Verbeuren (SOILWORK) on drums and Matt Wicklund (ex-HIMSA) on guitar. The effort was also recorded and mixed by Wichers (co-producer of SOILWORK).SANCTUARY will release its comeback album, "The Year The Sun Died", on October 14 in North America and October 6 in Europe via Century Media. Recorded in Seattle at Soundhouse Studios with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SOULFLY, SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, MUNICIPAL WASTE), the CD will feature 11 tracks. There will be a deluxe media book, available exclusively at CM Distro in the United States, which features expanded packaging and the bonus track, a cover of THE DOORS classic "Waiting For The Sun". The vinyl version will come with a CD featuring this bonus track as well. The cover artwork for the album was created by Travis Smith (OPETH, NEVERMORE).Interview (audio):
SANCTUARY's "Arise And Purify" (new song) audio stream:
sanctuarytheyearthesundiedcd.jpg

More...