Sanitarium Report

Dec 5, 2002
Dallas
*Disclaimer- Before reading this review of the Summer Sanitarium 2003 review the following facts- I got the ticket for free thursday night because a group of friends offered it to me. Mind altering substances were prevalent galore at the hotel after party.*

What can i say. I arrived just as the deftones finished their set. I couldnt give a shit less about them anyway. I had field tickets so we wandered down there next. Linkin Park performed next. I wanted to vomit. There was around 4-5 individual moshpits for lp. Utter shit music. I walked around the field during thier set then went to go get something to drink.

Next we have Limp Bizkit. More worthless trash. I cant say much about them since i wasnt listening or paying attention, accept that the new guitarist sucks. They fucked up a cover of sanitarium. Fuck them all with a mace.

On to Metallica. Well they spent a fucking hour setting up first of all. They started off the night with master of puppets. They played it well. Robert still looked like a monkey.
Tracklist-( in no particular order)

master of puppets
seek and destroy
no remorse
frantic
fade to black
metal militia
for whom the bell tolls
one
st. anger
enter sandman
creeping death
nothing else matters
fuel
sanitarium
fight fire with fire
harvester of sorrow

They used about 4000 pyrotechnics for the beginning of One. Well they only played 3 shit songs. Its still not the same without james old singing. Mehn it was free. Everyone who payed 90$ for the show should be flayed.

"Robert still looked like a monkey."

*laughing hysterically*

wait wait... your setlist is a little off from metontour.com's

Battery
Master of Puppets
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
St. Anger
No Remorse
Seek and Destroy
Blackened
-----------------
Fuel
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
----------------
One
Enter Sandman

dead6skin6mask6 said:
wait wait... your setlist is a little off from metontour.com's

Battery
Master of Puppets
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
St. Anger
No Remorse
Seek and Destroy
Blackened
-----------------
Fuel
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
----------------
One
Enter Sandman
Yeah that is the standard set list I saw as well at Giant's Stadium. It was a great show. I think the original poster in this thread may have been slightly wasted with the "mind altering substances" when he went to the show,. AND at the after party....

okay thats bullshit i almost got singed when they played fight fire with fire, i was at the fucking guard rail. And i forgot about battery i think i switched it with metal militia. i dont know why though. but goddamit they played fight fire with fire they used a shit load of pyro for the chorus.

AAAAAAGH WTF. I didnt drink any before the show. I took like on bong hit but that was it i swear. Goddamit if that wasnt fight fire with fire then what the hell was it.

who confuses fight fire with blackened, I mean they are fucking killer thrashtastic delights. Their riffs are very signature with no similarities other than they fucking rock and make you want to punch any one if front of you
Fight fire with fire!
Bustling w/ fear!
We all shall die!!!

no i remember blackened distinctly now ( i forgot to put it on the list) and i remember the part where the flames shot up yea. But i swear to Odin that there was another song with pyro and flames besides blackened and one.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
no i remember blackened distinctly now ( i forgot to put it on the list) and i remember the part where the flames shot up yea. But i swear to Odin that there was another song with pyro and flames besides blackened and one.

Yeah, Fuel.

one more thing- When LP came out they had an opening with just their DJ. they did a remix of a slayer song. Guess which one. Mr. Bozarth you should know this. *cough*