Satin guitar finish

Lazzari

Chakachakalabuchaka
Aug 18, 2008
In a Shitty Country (Venezuela)
Hey guys maybe u could help me with this. I have a Dean ML Modifier Satin black, it's really beautiful color, but the place where I rest my fingers of my picking hand (In the middle of both pickups) There's like a stain maybe from the sweat of my fingers, not really sure why.. Is there something I can do to clean this ? Thanks

Usually, in my experience, what is happening is the sating finish gets "polished" smooth from your hand, leaving a shinier area in the finish where your hand rests. I wouldn't mess with it, personally. Sometimes trying to "fix" such things makes matters worse.

53Crëw;10577068 said:
Usually, in my experience, what is happening is the sating finish gets "polished" smooth from your hand, leaving a shinier area in the finish where your hand rests. I wouldn't mess with it, personally. Sometimes trying to "fix" such things makes matters worse.

Yeah that's whats going on there.. So no way to "fix" that ?

Not sure if you can clear coat it again just in that spot with a satin finish. You could try using some #0000 steel wool on the spot and it might bring back the satin look. I'd probably leave it alone but if it bothers you that much, repaint and refinish the whole thing or get a pro to do it.