SATYRICON Drummer Says Response To 'Deep Calleth Upon Deep' Album Has Been 'Fantastic'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HeavyMetal.dk conducted an interview with drummer Frost (real name: Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad) of Norwegian black metallers SATYRICON before the band's October 19 concert at Train in Aarhus, Denmark. You can now watch the chat below. Speaking about the respose to SATYRICON's latest album, "Deep Calleth Upon Deep", Frost said: "What I've heard from friends and colleagues that have listened to the album, from journalists that I've been speaking to, and judging by the response that we get from the audience every night now that we are out playing live, it seems to be that people are very, very into it. "We and our fans share a common understanding of what kind of album this is," he continued. "They seem to appreciate the very spirited atmosphere and diversity on the album. And also the fact that it's musically very electric and has a lot of new impressions in the performances, which gives a lot of soul and identity to different songs. "[When we] perform different songs from the album, we can see that the energy in the crowd will somehow reflect the kind of atmosphere that each respective song has, and that's always a very promising sign," he said. "There is this immediate connection between the band and the crowd and that probably tells much more than people sharing opinions on the Internet. So, at the end of the day, a fantastic response from what I have seen so far, and I'm very grateful about that." "Deep Calleth Upon Deep" was released on September 22 via Napalm Records. The disc was recorded in Oslo, Norway and Vancouver, Canada, during early 2017 and mixed together with revered studio guru Mike Fraser (who previously worked on SATYRICON's 2006 album, "Now, Diabolical"). The "Deep Calleth Upon Deep" front cover is an obscure drawing from 1898 by perhaps the greatest Norwegian artist of all time, Edvard Munch.
satyricondeepcallethcd.jpg

Continue reading...