Savatage Info?

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Anyone have any news on Savatage? Hoping for a reunion but the only thing I am finding out is there's a Jon Oliva tour this fall where he'll be playing some old classics.

Anyone?

They seem to work hard on their TSO project and others. But I haven't heard anything about Savatage in a while.

I just ordered the Caffery CDs, should have them in a few days!

Looking to get the CIIC and Oliva stuff soon as well. Been out of it for a while but trying to catch up again.

Although they insist that the band is not done, I have a funny feeling it is. Oliva had to rename that show at Progpower the other year for " legal " reasons. Rather than another Savatage CD we got Jon Oliva's Pain, rumours of Damon no longer singing, Zakk returning, Jon, Damon AND Zakk singing on the next CD.

I'm curious to see how this will end up.

my friend is going to Gigantour on tuesday with one of the guys from Savatage (forget which one). his uncle knows them or something...

Savatage are done................until 2007. The word Im hearing is its something to do with getting away from Paul O'Niel as producer/director. I remember specifically Poets and Madmen was not supposed to be a concept album but Paul made it so. They also refer to him as the puppetmaster. Whatever the case may be Jon has stated that there will be a new Savatage album then. I just hope he's right.

DreamNeonBlack said:
Although they insist that the band is not done, I have a funny feeling it is. Oliva had to rename that show at Progpower the other year for " legal " reasons. Rather than another Savatage CD we got Jon Oliva's Pain, rumours of Damon no longer singing, Zakk returning, Jon, Damon AND Zakk singing on the next CD.

I'm curious to see how this will end up.

I still haven't heard Damon singing...

Damon is a great singer. Kind of Zakk with Jon's range. He hits all the high notes, great lows and everything in between.

I saw them twice with Damon, he was very good.

I understand there is some sort of issue with Paul O'neil, he was one of the reasons that the progpower show had to have a name change.
It's going to be hard to create another Savatage album without him though, last thing I read is that Paul basically owns Savatage. Apparently rights were turned over to him at some point.

Thanks for all the good info guys.

I am learning so much since getting back on-line.

Lots of stuff I wasn't aware of before. I kind of wish I could remain ignorant. Sad stuff.

Well, I hope it all works out soon, I loved everything they ever did and can't wait to hear something new!!