Saw Maiden last night (setlist spoiler)

soundave

Oct 13, 2005
MA
Great show! There were some technical difficulties, but that's bound to happen on the 2nd night of the tour. It's my 3rd time seeing them, and I'm so pleased that they didn't play the same old same old. I'm sure some people are pissed that they played AMOLAD in its entirety, but I fucking LOVED it! The crowd seemed pretty into it, too, especially with it being so new. Although, when FOTD started, the place went crazy.

Funny moments: the follow spot on Bruce lost him during the start of FTGGOG and he had to say, "Up here! Up on the speaker! Twat..." And apparently the guitar Janick uses on "The Legacy" was supposed to be tuned differently than it was, so it sounded all fucked up. At first I thought that Janick had forgotten how to play the song, but at the end, Bruce commented about the guitar tech fucking up and said, "You just have to laugh. Or not." or something to that effect.

I'm so sick of the old stuff, and having seen them play it before (and owning most of their live albums), I've been dying to see them do something new. I'm glad they did this. Was anyone else there?

Oh yeah, I ran into Ron Smallwood, too. He was pretty busy, checking out the merch and stuff.

NineFeetUnderground said:
plenty have the "guts" to do that. they just arent dumb enough to fill their entire setlist with an awful new album.

You know dude, it is all fine and dandy that you think the new Maiden sucks balls. Really it is. But see, most members of this board who don't happen to be in comas already know your opinion on the subject and so your comments about hitting snooze buttons and being dumb enough to play an entire new album even though it is awful are not necessary at all. If I took the time to rip everyone who liked a band I thought was garbage a shiny new asshole , I wouldn't get any work done, or any living done for that matter. The reason I avoid this, except in certain egregious situations where a response is absolutely required, is that there are better things to do. Life to just too fucking short to take the time to be a consistent asshole for no good reason. Reapeating the same sentiment ad nauseam is tedious.

Seriously dude, what the fuck happened to you? I have been on this board long enough to know that interacting with you here used to be very different. Over at opethforum you once wrote that the difference between us was that I was mature enough not to bash people over the heads with my opinions. I realize you are younger, but it's time you start taking up some of that maturity. Why begrudge people what they like, especially when it comes to an old school metal band. You come off lately as one very unhappy human being. Do you find it that it adds to the enjoyment of your life to spend the time necessary to compose a thousand useless, negative posts? If you think this board is an awful place to hang out becuase of all the dumber-than-a-bag-of-weeds, clueless noobs, then go and do something else. Go and do anything that doesn't make you so damn miserable, but just shut the fuck up already.

Reactions: rrjii2000
NineFeetUnderground said:
plenty have the "guts" to do that. they just arent dumb enough to fill their entire setlist with an awful new album.
well i think tens of thousands of maiden concert goers would disagree with you on that.. and guess what, they're the ones who matter, and who maiden are doing this for

amolad is the only maiden album to EVER reach the us top 10. so i'd say that if they were ever going to play an entire album in the us, THIS one would be it.. call it whatever you want, but it's not dumb.

Abhorsen said:
You know dude, it is all fine and dandy that you think the new Maiden sucks balls. Really it is. But see, most members of this board who don't happen to be in comas already know your opinion on the subject and so your comments about hitting snooze buttons and being dumb enough to play an entire new album even though it is awful are not necessary at all. If I took the time to rip everyone who liked a band I thought was garbage a shiny new asshole , I wouldn't get any work done, or any living done for that matter. The reason I avoid this, except in certain egregious situations where a response is absolutely required, is that there are better things to do. Life to just too fucking short to take the time to be a consistent asshole for no good reason. Reapeating the same sentiment ad nauseam is tedious.

Seriously dude, what the fuck happened to you? I have been on this board long enough to know that interacting with you here used to be very different. Over at opethforum you once wrote that the difference between us was that I was mature enough not to bash people over the heads with my opinions. I realize you are younger, but it's time you start taking up some of that maturity. Why begrudge people what they like, especially when it comes to an old school metal band. You come off lately as one very unhappy human being. Do you find it that it adds to the enjoyment of your life to spend the time necessary to compose a thousand useless, negative posts? If you think this board is an awful place to hang out becuase of all the dumber-than-a-bag-of-weeds, clueless noobs, then go and do something else. Go and do anything that doesn't make you so damn miserable, but just shut the fuck up already.

:worship:

Abhorsen said:

because what would be the fun in that? if you find proof, you lose hope...