Saw Tool tonight.....

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
....and just thought I'd post that it was awesome! I've seen them a couple times before, but this was the best. Tool is such an amazing band. ISIS opened, played mostly new stuff. Oh, and I saw Justin Chancellor (the bassist for Tool) riding his mountain bike through the parking lot before the show.

Cool night in Oakland!

Did Tool have the same stage setup (big screen, contorionists, etc) as their last tour or did they reinvent things?
I would like to see Isis....

wdiv said:
Did Tool have the same stage setup (big screen, contorionists, etc) as their last tour or did they reinvent things?
I would like to see Isis....

No contortionists....which didn't happen on the second leg of the Lateralus tour incidentally....just the first. I saw both.

The stage was all pure white, everything....and the roadies who came on stage intermittintly were all wearing Dr.s lab coats...:) Ha. This, I think, because a new song "Rossetta Stoned" was kind of the centerpiece of the night. It's basically about an LSD "overdose". Anyhoo, the visuals were there, but with LOTS of new additions etc. Lazers, etc. etc. It was bitchin.

sixxswine said:
I'm not a fan, but I can see your love for the band on your posts. I'm sure we can all related to your feelings with band we all love.
SIXX

Yeah, I do dig the crap out of Tool, it's true. I'll tell ya something though, increasingly I think I'm through with Arena shows. I go to a lot of concerts (as do most here I suspect).....but lordy lordy are them arena shows expensive. I paid $140 for tickets through Ticketmaster (two tickets, as I took a good friend with me). It cost $20 to park. Yup, $20. I had two beers, one of which my friend bought me, but the price on those two total was $14. So, all things told, that's a total of $175 for the show, NOT including a t-shirt, which I balked on because they were all at least $38, and most were much more.

Blind Guardian at the Fillmore tickets go on sale on Sunday, they are $21.50.

haha. The difference is ridiculous. My Celtic Frost ticket was $30, but with no charges as it's also at the Fillmore, and so there's no point in buying online and paying all those charges. Just get 'em at the local outlet.

But, seriously, it's outrageous. I'm pretty much decided on seeing, at most, one or two arena shows a year, and those have to be MUST see. Christ, don't even get me started on the Rolling Stones....

Expensive tickets are a bummer. I was very pleased when the ticket lady told me that my General Admission Gigantour ticket was 12 bucks.

Saw 'em twice on the last tour also, but I don't like their new album enough to spend that much money on tix.

I agree ticket prices are the worst...
I remember in High School I went to 2 "arena" shows per month
at the time the tickets were $18.00 including the service charges!!!
Back then CD's were till about $18.00?! Looks at the prices now?!
If my kid ever wants to see two shows a month he'll have to take out a loan or tap into the college fund!!!!!