SAXON news!

WeekendWarrior

Patriot
Sep 19, 2002
norway
Visit site
Rather than rehash a typical 'best-of' compilation, SAXON offers a collection of their most beloved & strongest songs from their early years, newly re-recorded for maximum impact. Classic cuts from such albums as 'Saxon', 'Wheels Of Steel', 'Strong Arm Of The Law', 'Denim And Leather', 'Power And The Glory' and 'Crusader' grace Disc 1, exemplifying SAXON's inimitable NWOBHM sense of power & melody, while allowing new fans 13 samples of heavy metal purity. Disc 2 features 5 tracks recorded in San Antonio, TX in early 2002, as well as a video track for "Killing Ground" recorded at the 2001 Wacken Open-Air Festival! The package is represented by cover art designed by noted artist Paul Gregory, responsible for the magnificent, mystical artwork for Blind Guardian and Freedom Call...I think...:)

NP: Freedom Call - Hymn to the brave

The cover for Heavy Metal Thunder is indeed excellent...a knight on horseback by Mr Paul Gregory. I have had this album a few weeks now and have to say it is stirring stuff. I love all the old Saxon stuff..and alot of the newer stuff come to think of it. I had some of the tracks already. If any of you already have the ltd. edition of Killing Ground some of the tracks were featured on the second disc. :)

Oliver & Dawson's Saxon are actually playing a gig in Hull next month!!! I'll have to go along just to see how many people turn out.

Apart from Infobia the last other decent Metal band to play in Hull was Blaze and he was warmly received, except I'd say that about 75% of the audience where not from Hull.

Also my fave Saxon song is Crusader!!