SAXON TO ATTEMPT A US TOUR...AGAIN

devilridesout

Oct 1, 2005
Ok, this is not breaking news, but judging from the date of the United Arab Emirates concert, the "rescheduled" US tour will probably occur sometime between March 1st-March 12th (they'd need at least 4 days to get from the US to Britain to UAE). This kinda sucks considering that it still could be snowing in many northern locations, and many people wont be able to get to multiple venues as easily as they could have in November. In any case, lets hope Saxon announces something about a US tour in March. I really would hate to wait for the summer of 2006. :erk:

interesting, but i believe they say their visa's are valid until june. and may is pretty much free, so im thinking a 2 week trek around then, maybe 12 dates, hopefully not 6 as last time.

i remember going on some US ticket website last year by mistake looking for saxon tickets and it came up with 12 US dates for november 2005, only i cant remember what it was. Its best to check sited for rumours, and then prepare yourself i guess.

EarthSkynSea said:
interesting, but i believe they say their visa's are valid until june. and may is pretty much free, so im thinking a 2 week trek around then, maybe 12 dates, hopefully not 6 as last time.

Yeah, more than 6 dates would be appreciated! I was hoping to see them before May, but if that's the only month when they are free to do a US tour, I guess it will do. I swear I could have remembered them saying somewhere on this forum that they were going to reschedule the November dates to March, but maybe it was just my imagination.

Yeah. Attempt a tour for the millionth time. I was all ready and hyped up about the November 3rd date in NYC, but then they effin' cancel it. All I know is as soon as there is a new date announced, I'm there, but I'm losing hope. I'd be real nice of them to mention something soon about us Americans, whom are WAITING how long to see them? You think they'd put us first after cancelling how many tours?

MercyfulFate said:
Yeah. Attempt a tour for the millionth time. I was all ready and hyped up about the November 3rd date in NYC, but then they effin' cancel it. All I know is as soon as there is a new date announced, I'm there, but I'm losing hope. I'd be real nice of them to mention something soon about us Americans, whom are WAITING how long to see them? You think they'd put us first after cancelling how many tours?

They were supposed to reschedule the dates in March. Note the following "fuck off" from Mr. Thomas Jensen:

4th November 2005

USA Tour Postponed

I´m sad to announce that Saxon has to postpone and reschedule all US dates into March. After having everything organized for the US Tour the visa´s finaly did not get to us in time. The band was ready to leave Europe and is very sad not to go. Everybody was looking forward to it. We´re trying our best to reschedule the tour as soon as possible.

Saxon, although these circumstances are well beyond our control, would like to apologize to everyone for any inconvenience that has been caused by this delay.

A big thank you to all our promoter´s, fans and agents for keeping the shows up to the very last minute.

Let´s try and make the best out of it.

We´ll be back with more informations next week.

Thomas Jensen
Saxon Management

I also have a sneaking suspicion that his definition of "Next Week" differs slightly from mine...