Scar Symmetry - "Iconoclast" video

It's okay. It feels like it's missing something though.

*spins Solution .45 disc*

oooooh yeaaaaaah...

To be fair it's pretty similar but their clean vocalist just doesn't do it for me with the harmonies and the range like Christian does.

oooooh yeaaaaaah...
This. I'll see how I feel after I see them in a couple weeks with Hypocrisy, but I've had trouble getting excited about anything they've done without Christian. Granted, they weren't really breaking any new ground to begin with, but...damn was it catchy!

oooooh yeaaaaaah...

To be fair it's pretty similar but their clean vocalist just doesn't do it for me with the harmonies and the range like Christian does.

I totally agree. While I enjoyed the new Scar Symmetry disc, when I heard Solution .45 I realized what was missing. It's not just the difference in the clean vocals, but more importantly the vocal melodies themselves.

I just started listening to Solution .45 but have been a long time Scar Symmetry fan and personally I can't say if I like one over the other. They both have a place on my iPod at the gym, and both are great in their own right. I do enjoy Christian's voice quite a bit, but I don't feel as if SS is missing anything by him being gone. Oh well.....