Scariot

ThoughtLeech

That Guy
Oct 6, 2003
Buffalo, NY, USA
www.myspace.com
I, just for the first time today, heard Scariot - Momentum Shift. how i've not heard of this band prior, i have no idea. For those that don't know, though i assume many of you do, Momentum Shift features Oyvind Haegeland on vox (and some lead guitar/bass), Asgeir Mickelson on drums, Steve DiGiorgio (of Death, Control Denied, Iced Earth, Testament, and Vintersorg), and Daniel Olaisen on guitars, although i'm not familiar with any of his other work. The band used to have the singer and drummer of Communic before Mr. Haegeland and Mr. Mickelson's involvement.

My first question about Scariot then, is 'Is Scariot still around?' The website hasn't been updated since mid-2007 which is even before Momentum Shift was released.

Question number two: do any of the SA guys play on the Strange to Numbers album? I still wish to find the old albums somewhere regardless, as i'm a huge fan of Communic as well. But i'm just curious.

yeah, it's Daniel Olaisen's band so he makes the decisions about band members and indeed whether the band continues or not. According to Asgeir Mickelson, he has put Scariot aside to concentrate on Zerozonic (btw the album was recorded in 2005, but was not actually released till 2007). Momentum Shift happened to be a big hit of mine last year...racked up a lot of plays for me last year. Daniel Olaisen is known for being in Blood Red Throne, a well-known Norwegian death metal act. He has played in Scariot's previous albums too. Also, I'm sure you know who Lars Norberg and Asgeir Mickelson are, since you're on the Spiral Architect forum!!!