Scarpoint!

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Anyone heard of these guys?
I'm not really into this style of metal, more so the style of vocals? But could not help liking this band, they flat-out slaaaay !

Muz, when creating a thread like this, you should give a description of the band and post some links (myspace, official site, etc.), perhaps even some cover art....here I'll give you an example...

Wow, this was a nice surprise...a euro style power/speed metal band that sounds like top of the genre stuff...from the US! Hailing from Massachussetts, they recently re-recorded their debut album from 2004, which apparently had shoddy production...but it sounds amazing now, plus they included a couple bonus tracks...a cover of Iron Maiden's Flight Of Icarus, and a kickass metalized theme (Dr. Wily) from the classic Mega Man 2 Nintendo game, which is actually one of the coolest things I've ever heard :worship: The guitar work is intricate and blazing (instrumental sections are so good), the vocals very smooth, and the keyboard player, Peter Rutcho, is excellent...also happens to be a producer. Anyway, check 'em out...

Myspace
Official Site

TDOE400.gif

See, now that wasn't so hard was it? :D
[/threadjacking]

That has got to be the greatest thread hijacking I have ever seen!

Haha, Armory are awesome and I actually LIKED the Flight Of Icarus cover.

EDIT: I didn't read the bit under the album art and actually though you were gonna get offended when I called you a thread hijacker.

Muz, when creating a thread like this, you should give a description of the band and post some links (myspace, official site, etc.), perhaps even some cover art....here I'll give you an example...

I did describe, said "they slaaay"! :lol:
Well I'm usually more descriptive but I find half the fun in checking out new stuff is searching on our own? Actually, I'm either too lazy or not the smartest when using a PC.:erk: How do you post links, I have typed band sites etc before but not ones that you click and will actually get you there, how do ya do that anyway? I'm sure its simple -kinda like my mind at times.:)

fuck armory rock!!! god i love power metal that isn't overly cheesy!!!! :headbang:
Yeah, I just found these guys last weekend and I've been playing pretty much nothing but that album...brilliant stuff :)

That has got to be the greatest thread hijacking I have ever seen!
:lol: Thanks man, I appreciate it

Actually, I'm either too lazy or not the smartest when using a PC.:erk: How do you post links, I have typed band sites etc before but not ones that you click and will actually get you there, how do ya do that anyway? I'm sure its simple -kinda like my mind at times.:)
Hehe, gotcha. If you copy the url you need, paste it into the window (or whatever text you want to be hyperlinked), select (highlight) that text, then click the globe button seen below...
LinkButton.jpg

...then paste the url into the window that pops up, click OK...voila! This ends BB Hyperlinking 101...class dismissed :)

Hehe, gotcha. If you copy the url you need, paste it into the window (or whatever text you want to be hyperlinked), select (highlight) that text, then click the globe button seen below...
LinkButton.jpg

...then paste the url into the window that pops up, click OK...voila! This ends BB Hyperlinking 101...class dismissed :)

thanks

Dude... that armory cover of Flight of Icarus... THAT IS AMAZING! He sounds... exactly like Bruce Dickinson

Nobody sound exactly like Bruce Dickonson.

It's an awesome cover and probably the best "Maiden cover I've heard, but NOBODY sounds exactly like bruce Dickonson.

I have decided that armory sounds like hammerfall, iron maiden and testament all smashed into one deformed looking metal child! :headbang:

Nobody sound exactly like Bruce Dickonson.

It's an awesome cover and probably the best "Maiden cover I've heard, but NOBODY sounds exactly like bruce Dickonson.

Except this guy... if this track was labeled a live Maiden track no one would tell the difference.

When all is said and done, i've listened to this album about 15 times... and its pretty much average power metal, not much to distinguish it from the fold.

Scarpoint is kind of meh too hah hah... sorry!