Scarred covered by Me, Matt's tribute

KupoBarlow

Jun 24, 2007
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nLuxZU4BvKM[/ame]

Another cover to Iced Earth and the greatest Matt Barlow...if you see this Matt, can you tell me what do you thing about it? :p....No one can do it better than you, obviously, you are GODVOCALS :worship:

Dude... getting a little creepy.

And by the way, isn't this a Pyramaze forum?

Iced Earth slays for sure, but Matt is in Pyramaze now

Thorns, i know it and i'm so happy for that, i can't wait to hear the new Pyramaze's album, but man, all we know Matt for his work in IE, if you talk of Matt, you talk of IE everytime, and this is a tribute to him, and his work. Pyramaze, Mike, Matt & all the guys of this great band rules!

PS: thx for post something :rofl:, this thread was dead :p

Hah hah...

Well, make sure to post a cover one Matt's work in Pyramaze.

Have you tried practicing the High notes he sings? You got the lows down pretty good.

If you have to do another IE cover, do A Question of Heaven.. best song ever

Have you tried practicing the High notes he sings? You got the lows down pretty good. If you have to do another IE cover, do A Question of Heaven.. best song ever

This stuff that Kupo recorded is already a little loud to do in the living room, but the high-pitch stuff is pretty loud if you sing it right. And the neighbours will get kinda angry :lol:...unless all the neighbours are real metalheads of course :kickass:

By the way Kupo..it was pretty good, but you should try to flatten out your tongue and don't pull it back too much on the long notes. That way you can use the power from more below in your body, creating more open sound.
It's a common failure to pull back the tongue...I also did it a lot, it happens without you noticing it since Matt also does it a bit to create his unique sound...but before you know it you overdo it a bit.

I do Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure Eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil Xd, you knot what i mean :p....and as Caduceus said, it was pretty loud :rofl:...and well, what do you think?

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5REYViT7yFg[/ame]

:loco:

That sounded allright Kupo :)
If you like singing this IE stuff so much, you should join an IE tribute band or cover band.
I was in a band once that covered quite some IE....and it can be fun if every band member is into it.
If you want to be in a band and make your own music one day it's better not to always copy the same singer (besides Barlow I sometimes did some Geoff Tate, Rob Halford and Warrel Dane to also try some other types of singing). Now in my band, I think I have a quite unique approach.

The high sounded pretty allright when it comes to the rasp and tone...but it sounded like it could use some more volume...or did the microphone or recording perhaps flatten it out a bit??
You have to put a lot of power in these kinda notes normally..because otherwise, on stage (without Matt on the backing vocals ;) ) they mind sound a bit weak...but over time things grow and you have the talent to do this stuff :)

Hah hah...

Well, make sure to post a cover one Matt's work in Pyramaze.

Have you tried practicing the High notes he sings? You got the lows down pretty good.

If you have to do another IE cover, do A Question of Heaven.. best song ever

i did bro:

Stay Metal!

Matt Barlow rocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeeah Iced Earth Feeling :):)

Matt is the vest vocalist

Iced earth already it is not what was before :(

you are VigoGatsu? :p nice voice

yeeah Iced Earth Feeling :):)

Matt is the vest vocalist

Iced earth already it is not what was before :(

you are VigoGatsu? :p nice voice

hahaha, i know that Matt is unique :rofl:, the master voice.

and yes, i'm VigoGatsu, thanks for the comment :p