SCHIZOID - THE NEXT EXTREME

FullBlastPR

Aug 25, 2012
SCHIZOID - THE NEXT EXTREME
aa7117c9a5640e2215053a8ecdb6e42f4af270c8a0baa69caabf54c1e26f45cc4g.jpg

Finally. Canada`s SCHIZOID returns with his 3rd full length of original material, a vicious album of blackened industrial noise metal. 16 songs, an hour long, the catalyst for riots, self-destruction, and achieving the next extremes of the updated SCHIZOID sound. Driven by intense black/grind metal guitars & choruses of lunatic shrieks, sounding somewhere not unlike ABORYM, THE BERZERKER, MINISTRY, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, ATARI TEENAGE RIOT, THORNS, RED HARVEST.

01 THE NEXT EXTREME
02 OUT OF REACH
03 PAINED
04 REAL EVIL
05 PHYSICAL IS THE ILLUSION
06 NOTHING BUT THE SAME
07 FRET REGRET
08 MAINSTREAM UNDERGROUND
09 ANOTHER GO
10 EPITAPH
11 LIFE IS STRUGGLE
12 SLAVIOUR SAVES
13 PROMISE OF THE END
14 SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO
15 FINAL DESCENT
16 THE LAST EXTREME

DIGITAL LINK: http://schizoid.bandcamp.com
VIDEO:
SCHIZOID WEB: http://www.schizoid.ca

A little about SCHIZOID: Toronto, Canada's SCHIZOID has been producing blackened digital hardcore noise metal since 1998, first with his speedcore terror 1999 debut album "Enough Is Enough." At that time SCHIZOID joined up with D-TRASH Records and helped his fellow digital hardcore artists run the electronic collective.
In the years since his last album, SCHIZOID performed in other projects such as EXIST (acid noise), REALITY TERROR (vegan grindcore), and DEAD OF WINTER (black metal). SCHIZOID was asked by the CBC to perform at Brave New Waves 20th anniversary party, as well as contribute a guest mix to the national broadcaster. As well he performed exclusive remixes artists such as RED HARVEST, MORTIIS, AGNOSTIC FRONT, CANDIRU, SMP.
But it was in DEAD OF WINTER where much of the negative impetus for this release came. SCHIZOID, vocalist did some songwriting on their frightening "At The Helm Of The Abyss" album, then the 1st CD release for now infamous label PROFOUND LORE Records, capturing the insanity of the 1990s Norwegian black metal madness in real life. One member was hospitalized with a foot of bowel taken out. Members fought internally, went to prison, and one comrade died by his own hand, after having near murdered his roommate.
SCHIZOID Influences: "Black metal like MAYHEM, DARKTHRONE, LEVIATHAN, XASTHUR, JUDAS ISCARIOT BLUT AUS NORD, BURZUM.
Rotterdam oldschool cassettes like DJ CIRILLO, MAX DURANTE. Earache/Relapse bands like MALFORMED EARTHBORN, MEATHOOK SEED, DEAD WORLD, CANDIRU, PITCHSHIFTER, TEARBOX, PURGE, GODFLESH. Canada 1990s industrial scene: MONSTER VOODOO MACHINE, MALHAVOC, SOULSTORM, MUNDANE. And by all means ATARI TEENAGE RIOT, EC8OR, ALEC EMPIRE, THE SHIZIT et all..."
"Nothing I would write seemed to cut it for SCHIZOID after writing black metal. The 16 songs that appear on "The Next Extreme" have existed in some form for the most part for the last 10 years, some played live at shows in an early form... This is more than 16 “tracks”, I didn’t want to be another producer with a bunch of disjointed tracks, it was very important to me to make these all “songs”, and as memorable as possible. I feel like it’s the ultimate digital hardcore album, the last possible album of this style, the third arm of the SCHIZOID trimark and definitely a fine bookend to the project.
I’ll always continue recording SCHIZOID in one form or another, I just finally wanted a real album to represent all those times.” Clocking in at just under an hour, “it was important every one of these songs appear on the album, and all in this order...”The “Next Extreme” phase kicked off in Summer 2011 when the self titled video hit the YouTube airwaves, now at 3500+ views, a shocking and negative portrait of synthetic dysphoria, which topped “Generation Fuck You”, the last music video from SCHIZOID which received 50,000 views.
A 7” was released with local artist HUMAN HERD. An 18 song remix album of just the title track was released, to a limited amount of copies featuring remixes from NEEDLE FACTORY, MONAD, TALIXZEN (whom has recently joined the live experience as noisician). A remix album of this entire album, “The Remixed Extremes” is planned and features amongst others, DIRTY FINGERS LICKED, NOT HALF, ROBOT(A), AMBASSADOR 21, TUAREG GEEKS. As well, HYPERDRIVER has remixed the album in its entirety, the “Hyperdriven Extremes” CD due... A live DVD and UK tour is also planned...
A second music video for the song “Epitaph” has been completed and will be released with a maxi-single featuring more remixes and b-sides.

d7279f8c8e0fd9e68da3c30ce5bd9f230253173b76349f9a59445d4b1ec231ef4g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: