Scorpions: Where Should I Start?

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
I've heard plenty of their songs over the years but for some reason never looked into them further. I know their early stuff is more Hard Rock oriented then anything else and maybe i should start there i dunno, their discography is overwhelming.

Songs ive always liked:
Loving You Sunday Morning
The Zoo
Blackout
Lovedrive

Songs i don't like by them
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Big City Nights

Start in the desserts of North Africa where you'll find the deathstalker Scorpion.:lol:

Seriously, I'm not a huge Scorpions fan-but I do like the two songs listed that you don't like.
I would also say that Winds Of Change is a very cool / powerful song.
The original mtv video of No One Like You filmed around Alcatraz is pretty cool.

I only have a couple albums, but apparently their early stuff is great, with more typical classic rock stuff later on, until they sucked at the Savage Amusement mark. The stuff I've heard supports this.

I really like the early stuff with Uli Roth, such as In Trance. Lovedrive and Blackout which have some of the songs you mention as liking are probably my two favourite Scorpions albums.

Yeah their early stuff has some great songs. You can kinda go with any of them up to Love At First Sting, which apparently you will hate.

Savage Amusement is a guilty pleasure of mine but everything since then I haven't been able to get into.

I've heard plenty of their songs over the years but for some reason never looked into them further. I know their early stuff is more Hard Rock oriented then anything else and maybe i should start there i dunno, their discography is overwhelming.

Songs ive always liked:
Loving You Sunday Morning
The Zoo
Blackout
Lovedrive

Songs i don't like by them
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Big City Nights

The mid 80's Scorpions were my first real favorite band. I went on to more metallic metal, but still love the Scorpions albums I love.

Sounds like your Scorpions taste might be similar to mine. Both of the songs you dislike are from Love at First Sting, which I also don't like all that much.

I would recommend starting with one of these:

Blackout
Animal Magnetism
Lovedrive

Those are my favorite three and were released one after the other in the exact opposite order I listed them. Love at first Sting was the next one after Blackout.

I am trying to start investigating their pre-Lovedrive catalog.

The night is calling, I have to go
The wolf is hungry, he runs to show
He's licking his lips, he's ready to win
On the hunt tonight for...
LOVE AT FIRST STIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG

HERE I AM
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE
HERE I AM
ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

:kickass: