Scorpions World Wide Live !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I have never been big into live albums, so I never purchased this until today. I saw it at the pawn shop for $5 and I am getting my ass kicked. Those guys sounded great live !!

Bryant

I'm not a big live album person either, but 'World Wide Live' and 'Live After Death' are great. I wore those cassettes out back in the mid eighties. Is WWL a double CD? I know they cut some songs off of LAD to fit on one CD. I need to pick WWL up for sure now!

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:I spent many a hour trying to find myself in that crowd on the cover!!! I have a few copies of this album, the last one I picked up had a promo pack inside so I scored for $12 bucks the album, two 8 x 10 glossies and a press kit. They remain the best for me now and always! :headbang:

Let me say this, I bought that record as a teen. Got a chance to see them live in '88, then again in '90, then in '98 & then in 2004. They always sounded like they did on that "live" record. These guys are either using tapes all the time or are just THE band to see & hear live! Love them!

SavaRon said:
I'm not a big live album person either, but 'World Wide Live' and 'Live After Death' are great. I wore those cassettes out back in the mid eighties. Is WWL a double CD? I know they cut some songs off of LAD to fit on one CD. I need to pick WWL up for sure now!

WWL is a single CD with 19 tracks on it. It was remastered in 1997 and it sounds great. ONe of my best friends in the 80's had WWL on 2 LPs but I don't remember the tracklist.

Bryant

Bryant said:
WWL is a single CD with 19 tracks on it. It was remastered in 1997 and it sounds great. ONe of my best friends in the 80's had WWL on 2 LPs but I don't remember the tracklist.

Bryant
The gatefold 85 release? dbl lp album
side 1
countdown
coming home
blackout
bad boys running wild
loving you sunday morning
make it real

side 2
big city nights
coast to coast
holiday
still loving you

side 3
rock you like a hurricane
can't live without you
another piece of meat
dynamite

side 4
the zoo
no one like you
can't get enough pt 1
six string sting
can't get enough pt 2

The original version of the cd has only 15 tracks. It cuts out Another Piece of Meat, Can't Get Enough (parts 1 & 2), and Six String Sting. I have the remastered version also and the vinyl.

They are easily one of the best bands to see live. The first time I saw them was 8/28/84 on this tour (I was 16). Saw them again in 88, 96, 99, 02, & 03, most recently at Nassau Coliseum where they played the song Animal Magnetism, and I still can't believe it!! I also love how they've worked in songs from the Uli era on the recent tours. It's hard to top We'll Burn the Sky live.....

Whenever they open for bands, I just laugh because no one can touch them live! IMO, they blew away VHagar at Monsters of Rock in 88, the Crue in 99, and Deep Purple in 02. Their professionalism made the Crue look like 12 year olds.

They are an excellent live act... although they seemed to be a bit off the last time I saw them in 2002.

Platinum Maze said:
and Deep Purple in 02. Their professionalism made the Crue look like 12 year olds.

Dunno. I saw Dio/Scorpions/DP in 2002 and DP was the best act that day. Still Scorpions presented a very good gig.

sixxswine said:
You son of a bitch, how dare you cut down the Crue?! They made the at least make them looks like 22 year olds, now get it right!:tickled:

LOL. You're right, I underestimated them. HA HA. Let's compromise...how's 17 sound? :tickled:

As far as DP goes, Wyvern, and all due respect to Steve Morse...it didn't compare to seeing them in 1987 with Blackmore. I just thought the Scorps were better that night.

Platinum Maze said:
LOL. You're right, I underestimated them. HA HA. Let's compromise...how's 17 sound? :tickled:

As far as DP goes, Wyvern, and all due respect to Steve Morse...it didn't compare to seeing them in 1987 with Blackmore. I just thought the Scorps were better that night.

18 & we got a deal! I have NEVER seen DP live, a shame really...:erk:

Platinum Maze said:

I have to disagree with you one this one. After seeing DP a few times with RB and then a few times with SM. The SM era just has a bit more flavor. Don't get me wrong, I love Blackmore and think he is a really innovative player, a true original. Steve just brings a bit more to the band.

The Scorps just plain ROCK every time I see them. Sound wise, playing. Never a note out of place. :headbang:

Platinum Maze said:

Chocolate for the news :p . Of course Blackmore is WAY better, sadly I was never able to see DP with Ritchie live. :erk:

All and all, and maybe also because Joe Satriani came as a surprise guest, or maybe because first time I saw DP with Morse was less tight than in 2002, I felt DP way heavier than Scorps. Maybe I was missing Rarebell and Bucholz, dunno :D