Scorps and Desmond Child- new album

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS have tapped songwriter/producer Desmond Child — who has worked with such high-profile pop/rock artists as AEROSMITH, BON JOVI, ALICE COOPER, KISS, RICKY MARTIN, CHER, MICHAEL BOLTON and BONNIE TYLER — to produce their next studio album, which they expect to begin recording later in the year for a 2007 release. Child, who is currently working with Michael Beinhorn, Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman as co-producer on MEAT LOAF's "Bat Out of Hell III: The Last at Bat" CD, has also been mentioned as MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil's likely collaborator on Neil's new solo album, which the vocalist was previously said to be planning to record this spring/summer. Desmond and Neil had previously collaborated on "Promise Me", Neil's 2004 single.

SCORPIONS' latest album, "Unbreakable", was released in the U.S. in June 2004 through Sanctuary Records. The CD was recorded at Peppermint Park Studio in Hannover, Germany and was mixed at Wisseloord studios in Hilversum, Holland.

I just don't know what to think....

I do. It's gonna suck! Desmond Child is a pop rock wanna-be. He took the bite out of all the hard rock bands he has worked with. The Scorps should get someone like Dennis Ward or (insert your favorite European producer). Hell, Bring in Dieter Dierks if they have to.

Child and hard rock/Metal is a bad mix. I expect nothing good from this givin' his track record with past bands he has worked with.:puke:
Just my thought on the subject.

Hell, Bring in Dieter Dierks if they have to.

I've been saying that for years!!! :heh: Or why not Sneap, Rubin any of the hot producers these days. Anyone know what Dierks has been doing? I know google is your friend:lol:

Mxgonzo said:
I do. It's gonna suck! Desmond Child is a pop rock wanna-be. He took the bite out of all the hard rock bands he has worked with. The Scorps should get someone like Dennis Ward or (insert your favorite European producer). Hell, Bring in Dieter Dierks if they have to.

Child and hard rock/Metal is a bad mix. I expect nothing good from this givin' his track record with past bands he has worked with.:puke:
Just my thought on the subject.

Yeah, I have to agree.

Desmond Child is notorious for sucking everything that's actually cool out of a band.

In 1990 he split with the Scorpions going on to invent a new technology, called the DVD Plus, which faced some controversy because of its American Version, the DualDisc.

you learn something new everyday...

kittybeast said:
meaning they don't like their style or they're too busy ?

Rubin is somewhat of a snob...
Sneap is in high demend.
You know who would be good?
Neil Kernon...
He worked with bands on the "lighter" side
but has recently worked with some pretty heavy stuff...
I think he's a balanced producer...
I'd love to see Bob Rock though...

Desmond Child has been a hit and miss... this should be interesting.

He did a good job with Bon Jovi and Alice Cooper though

I disagree with everyone. Desmond Child rocks and he turns everything to gold!!! I think he is one of the best songsmiths of all time, if not the best.

My favourite Ratt album? Detonator.
My favourite KISS songs? Stanley/Child material from the 80s.
Kane Roberts - Saints & Sinners is in my top 5 albums of all time. Entire album produced & co-written by Desmond Child.
Bon Jovi hooking up with Child in '86 for Slippery When Wet? Created their best album and Livin' On A Prayer is one of the most perfectly written songs of all time.

I disagree Trixx, Slippery was great.
Detonator was too slick and Pearcy has too rough of a voice for that kind of production... And looks at what he did to Vince Neil? That Promise Me song took what little balls he had and "snipped" them off! I hope for the best with the Scorpions though...

ultimately for me...you know I'm going to buy it anyway. so it's just a wait and see game. no matter what my boyz come out with good, bad, indifferant, disappointing or kick ass.... I stand behind them and support them 110%!:headbang:

sixxswine said:
You know who would be good?
Neil Kernon...
He worked with bands on the "lighter" side
but has recently worked with some pretty heavy stuff...
I think he's a balanced producer...

I agree. Kernon would be a fantastic producer choice. But I really don't care as long as they stay in the direction of "Unbreakable".

And I echo the comments on DC. He is a terrible pick.

Walter_Langkowski said:
But I really don't care as long as they stay in the direction of "Unbreakable".

and here I'm hoping for the exact opposite and more in the direction of the classics... love drive- taken by force- blackout hell even LAFS. :headbang:

kittybeast said:
and here I'm hoping for the exact opposite and more in the direction of the classics... love drive- taken by force- blackout hell even LAFS. :headbang:

I hope so too, but I lost interest in the Scorps after Love At First Sting....
They're just so watered down now. I saw them w/Motley Crue a few years back, and was not impressed with either band. At least Klaus can still sing. I think DC is going to wreck them, seriously....
Maybe I just want the days of Taken By Force & Virgin Killer back.....
I didn't get to see the Scorps until the Blackout tour with Maiden in '82.

You'll NEVER see me rail against them (Like I do with PoS), they have too much of a "good" legacy, and deserve to be respected for that.

J-Dubya