Scott Ian on megadeth.

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Don't know if someone has already posted this, but here it is.

ANTHRAX's SCOTT IAN On MEGADETH Split: “You Never Know What's Going To Happen”

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian, a longtime personal friend of MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine was asked by BLABBERMOUTH.NET for his reaction to the news of MEGADETH's break-up, which was publicly announced two days ago. According to Ian, “I was surprised [to hear the news]. I had seen Dave not to long ago [when Mustaine was a guest] on [VH1's] Rock Show (which Ian hosted) and he seemed to be really happy, with his [last] record [The World Needs A Hero], with Sanctuary [Records]. He had some long-term plans for the band. I guess you never know what's going to happen.”

As for Scott's “favorite MEGADETH-related memory”, it was on “the Clash Of The Titans tour. Also, Dave having our backs on Maximum Rock [tour with MEGADETH and MOTLEY CRUE]. Dave made sure our backdrop got hung. After we got booted [off the tour by CRUE], MEGADETH carried our gear from Texas back to NJ for us.”

Originally posted by matter
So maybe Dave wasn't or isn't such a bad guy at all.
i think mustaine just has a reputation that precedes him. most likely he's like most people. if you're cool to him he'll return the sentiments and vice versa. plus, even some people who are considered assholes by most will help their friends out because they are important to them. a lot of people think i'm a dickhead, but when it comes to my friends there's little i won't do for them.

Originally posted by Jono
he's a smart dude who seems to think highly of himself and isn't afraid to tell someone they suck. and who says you have to be buttery sweet to people you don't know?
-Jono-

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!