SCOTT WEILAND Expects STP And VELVET REVOLVER Fans To Get Into His New Album 'Blaster

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Red Carpet Radio conducted an interview with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland at this year's Grammy Awards, which was held on February 8 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below. Speaking about how "Blaster", the forthcoming album with his band THE WILDABOUTS, is different from his previous output with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER, Weiland said: "Every band differs because of the personalities in the band, and these guys [in THE WILDABOUTS] are my closest friends; we get along great. So writing and recording the music [for 'Blaster'] was so exhilarating. It was probably the most exciting process that I've had making a record since I made [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS'] 'Core', my first record." Asked if he is aiming for a younger audience with "Blaster", Weiland said: "I think that we'll get a lot of interest from the younger generation with this album, because it's got a fresh and exciting sound to it, production-wise and sonically, but it also has good rock riffs that, I think, STP fans and VELVET REVOLVER fans will be into as well, because it still has the rock thing going." As the release of "Blaster" draws closer, Weiland revealed that the nearly two-year-old legal dispute with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS has been settled. Although he did not get into specifics, Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that both parties have moved on. "It's settled and everything is behind us now and, you know, I want to have a great time working 'Blaster' and I wish, you know, my former bandmates best of luck and just want to move on forward." STP dismissed Weiland in February 2013, claiming that his solo activities and erratic behavior were detrimental to the band. The group later sued Weiland, with the singer firing off a countersuit and claiming that they could not use the band name without his involvement. In the meantime, STP hired LINKIN PARK frontman Chester Bennington as their new vocalist, releasing an EP called "High Rise" in October 2013. The band is now at work on a new album.

scottweilandblastercd_0.jpeg

More...