SCOTT WEILAND Feels 'Very Alive' When He Hears People Chanting His Name

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Talk To Ferg" conducted an interview with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland backstage at this year's Rocklahoma festival, which was held May 22-24 at "Catch The Fever" Festival Grounds in Pryor, Oklahoma. You can now watch the chat below. Asked if it's still fun hearing people chanting his name at the concerts by his current band, THE WILDABOUTS, Weiland said: "Yeah, it still is. It's amazing. It's an honor. I feel very, very alive when I hear people saying the name of the band, saying my name. It's just a wonderful feeling." Former QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE drummer Joey Castillo recently left THE WILDABOUTS in the middle of the group's tour to join BL'AST in the studio. His temporary replacement was Mike Avaneim. Castillo was announced as THE WILDABOUTS' new drummer in February and appeared in band photos. THE WILDABOUTS have had several lineup changes since last year. Weiland fired his longtime guitarist and business partner Doug Grean in early 2014, while drummer Danny Thompson left to focus on his work with the ALAN PARSONS LIVE PROJECT. Meanwhile, guitarist Jeremy Brown stepped up to take a bigger role following Grean's dismissal, but Brown's sudden death in March forced the band to hire Nick Maybury. THE WILDABOUTS' debut album, "Blaster", arrived on March 31, one day after Brown's death on March 30, and followed up Weiland's 2008 solo effort, "'Happy' In Galoshes".

More...