Scott Weiland fired from Stone Temple Pilots

I always liked STP. Can't say they were one of my favorites, but they had some damn fine tunes. I wish I had seen them back in the 90's.

I always liked STP. Can't say they were one of my favorites, but they had some damn fine tunes. I wish I had seen them back in the 90's.

I saw them in the mid and late 90's when they where somewhat cohesive and relevant. They did have some fine tunes.

Firing a singer implies they will carry on with a new singer. I just can't see the Deleo brothers doing that.

Yeah a great band in their day. Shame what's hapeingni to all my old favourites.

Adam Duce leaving MH, Scott Weiland, Charlie B and his non-touring, Dave from Slayer, the old issues with Fear Factory line up. Crazy days!

That kinda sucks. I liked STP.

But I'm okay with this as long as Velvet Revolver doesn't make any more songs...

I'm bummed about this, they're one of my favorite bands. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting this at some point though. As far as I'm concerned, STP are done now though (Or at least until they do another reunion tour because they're not making any money on their own) - like Scott or not, he's absolutely not a singer that can be replaced, he's too unique.

Seeing him solo on Monday, should be interesting for sure...

Is that part of the tour where hes doing songs from the first 2 STP albums?

Yea. Purple is my favorite STP album and I've seen STP play everything off it except Pretty Penny and Kitchenware & Candybars since '08...hoping those 2 will make his setlist :D

The solo gig was actually a lot of fun. Scott sounded really good and looked great - I've seen him a lot between VR, STP, and now solo, and this gig was the best he's sounded since STP in Ottawa in 2009, and the best he's looked since I last saw VR in 2007. Setlist was:

Opening Jam
Crackerman
Wicked Garden
Paralysis
Naked Sunday
Creep
The Jean Genie (Bowie cover)
Kitchenware & Candybars
Where The River Goes
Mountain Song (Jane's Addiction cover)
Big Empty
Can't Stand You Now (Libertines cover)
Still Remains
Vasoline
Interstate Love Song
---
Roadhouse Blues (Doors cover)
Sex Type Thing

Naked Sunday, Where The River Goes and Kitchenware & Candybars were all big surprises - Kitchenware hasn't been played by Scott/STP since 2000, and the other 2 haven't been played since 1993! And I've seen every song off of Core live now (Not counting Wet My Bed since it's more of a Scott rant than a song), and everything off Purple except Pretty Penny...not too shabby :D