Scott's Wcfya Sneakers?

DINO

Feb 5, 2002
Scotland / NYC
Visit site
When I was down the front at the show in Glasgow last Tuesday, I looked at Scott's sneakers and I'm sure the bit at the back that would normally say Nike or Adidas etc actually had the letters WCFYA. Was I tripping, or has anyone else seen this? And I don't mean written in pen or shit, I mean they looked like they had been manufactured that way.

DINO said:
When I was down the front at the show in Glasgow last Tuesday, I looked at Scott's sneakers and I'm sure the bit at the back that would normally say Nike or Adidas etc actually had the letters WCFYA. Was I tripping, or has anyone else seen this? And I don't mean written in pen or shit, I mean they looked like they had been manufactured that way.

They have got WCFYA embroidered into the bit around the back of the shoe - apparently there is a Nike website where you can order sneakers and have anything you want - within reason - written onto the material!! I dont think they come cheap though!!

I haven't seen the shoes so I don't know which they are, but if they got them made through nike this is probably where they got them. You'd have to put what you want on it yourself of course.

DINO said:

Don't you mean Scott's TRAINERS? :lol:

max said:
wow never knew that!!
TD can you post a link so we can all see it or email it to me?
thanks!

I know there was a pic of them in a magazine that I bought prolly 11 years ago. I have no idea if a picture of them exists on line or not. That magazine is probably in my basement or garage attic - I keep
everything but I have no idea of its exact whereabouts, so I can't scan a pic.

TD said:
Scott had a custom pair of Doc Martens back in the POT-Killer B's era. They had "Anthrax" carved into the sole. They were cool as shit, there was a nice photo of them in a Guitar World from way back when.

fucking cool man,i got that picture on my wall,its from guitar world 1995,the tile of the article is stomping down hard.,i could try and take a pic for u and put it up but the pic will be pretty small!

from when i first got into anthrax i pretty much got my hands on every mag that had an article on them,its a pity that i cut the pics of them outta the mags otherwise i woulda had a very good history of them,i have eased off the last few years because metal mags arent ecxactly collectible material and i have more important things to spend my dollars on,because alot of the metal mags are made overseas metal hammer,metal edge etc the mags were costing anythin up to 17 dollars!!!

whats your email max and i will send u somew bigger photos???

metal edge ran a decent interview this month... i hope mcfarlane toys makes Anthrax Figures. I heard they're gonna a do a series that forms the I'm the Man album cover. You press a button on Danny's back, and one eye goes lazy.

I'm an asshole.