Scrubs: The Musical

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Ok..so I'm a bit off topic (but it is a musical and the promoter gets special privledges when it comes to posting...).

Did anyone else watch Scrubs last night? I'm a huge fan of the show, but that was one of the best ever. :worship: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best show on TV... hands down. We haven't watched last night's episode yet (TiVo). It looked like (based on preview ads) it could be one of those jump-the-shark episodes. Glad to hear it wasn't.

It's interesting that NBC thinks enough of the show to put it in their vaunted Thursday 9PM time slot.

Zod

Watched it last night, and enjoyed it as usual even though I'm not a big fan of musicals. My girlfriend on the other hand loves Scrubs and musicals and she couldn't keep a huge smile off her face the entire time. Definitely one of the more cleverly done shows in quite awhile.

I like scrubs but I don't watch it on a continuous basis. Last night's episode did indeed kick ass. The songs were not only clever but the arrangements were as well thought out as any other musical. The Guy Love song was my favorite song song from the episode, pure genius.

Yes, last night's show was indeed a brilliant piece of television. They could bring that to Broadway. :lol:

And to what Zod said above - Garden State is a fantastic movie. I missed seeing The Last Kiss, but that's recently made it to DVD, so I can rectify that shortly.

It's interesting that NBC thinks enough of the show to put it in their vaunted Thursday 9PM time slot.

Zod

Actually, I think it's the opposite...they've always treated this show like a bastard stepchild, moving it all over the schedule, using it as a mid-season replacement etc. And now they've basically just thrown it to the wolves by putting it on against Grey's Anatomy and CSI.

I don't think NBC has any idea what to do with this show. It's too unique for the tight-a**es in suits at the network offices.

Meanwhile, shows like According to Jim stay on the air forever.:rolleyes:

I really haven't watched the show since s2. I've been watching The Office so when I saw the preview, I just had to watch it. Was pretty good. I like the way they executed just why they were singing.

Actually, I think it's the opposite...they've always treated this show like a bastard stepchild, moving it all over the schedule, using it as a mid-season replacement etc. And now they've basically just thrown it to the wolves by putting it on against Grey's Anatomy and CSI.

I don't think NBC has any idea what to do with this show. It's too unique for the tight-a**es in suits at the network offices.

Meanwhile, shows like According to Jim stay on the air forever.:rolleyes:
Interesting. You're right in that it's been moved too frequently. However, I can't imagine they're simply "throwing it to the wolves". It had too much of a hardcore following. I would think Grey's Anatomy and CSI split the crowd looking for drama, whereas Scrubs' grabs those folks looking for something lighter and more unique.

Zod

The type of comedy now on NBC Thursday nights is a perfect fit for Scrubs where as previously, they were the only show of its type. They're all pretty much "oddball" comedies. A big step up from the previous linesups. Maybe if NBC did Arrested Development, we'd be seeing that on Thursday nights as well. Such a waste of a show :(

Best show on TV... hands down.Zod

That's not saying much. TV, especially most anything on Primetime these days, is in bad shape. With the exception of a few shows here and there, I struggle to find any entertainment whatsoever on network TV, and Scrubs is not one of the exceptions. I find the characters to be forgettable, and the jokes even more so. I certainly applaud any efforts to develop shows, such as this one, which deviate from the typical sitcom formulas, but this one just doesn't do it for me. It boggles my mind how there continues to even be an audience for all the recycled, unimaginative garbage out there, i.e. Bones, Cold Case, House, or any of the countless bastard siblings spawned from both CSI and Law and Order.

And whoever mentioned According to Jim...God bless you! That is the single worst piece of garbage ever created, aside from Jim Belushi himself. And...if someone can please explain to me how this man still has a career, I'd love to know.

That's not saying much.
I disagree. There are hundreds and hundreds of shows, on hundreds and hundreds of channels. To the best, hands down, says something.

TV, especially most anything on Primetime these days, is in bad shape.
I don't think anyone argued that T.V. is in its glory days.

With the exception of a few shows here and there, I struggle to find any entertainment whatsoever on network TV, and Scrubs is not one of the exceptions. I find the characters to be forgettable, and the jokes even more so.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Zod