! Searching For a Guest BASS PLAYER !

MuCKe

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2009
Germany, Thuringia
Hi to all,
I´m searching for a bass player, who wants to record a bass line for us, because our bassist quit the recording session. No Fear, I´ve written some bass notes and exported it as a midi file, you don´t have to hear anything out from the song. It is one song, called Theatre of Mind.
If you want to listen to the whole mix you can do it here: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1717975/theatre_of_mind_mix_with_bass.mp3

All the bass files you will need are in this rar file: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1717975/Bass_Files.rar

There is the midi file, where you can see the bass notes to play, an audio bass file, if you want to listen what the bass is sounding like and at last the the whole mix, without bass, to record your track.
You only need to record the DI file, the rest will be my work.
Here is a txt file for information about tempo and beat changes, so you can use a metronom in your DAW: https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1717975/Theatre_of_mind_tempoandbeat_changes (1).txt

If somebody is interested or wants to support me, write back!
Thanks and Greetz

I'll have a listen to the tracks when i get home this evening, i'd be happy to oblige (so long as i can play it).

Any preference on Pick or Fingers??

So you just want a single straight up D.I.??

Also tunings and such??

Hi, thanks for your support! I think the song isn´t to hard, maybe the beginning is ambitious. As to the playing style you can choose what you like, or what you´re better at, there are only some parts where you must play more legato or more staccato, you see it in the midi file at the note length. You only have to record your DI file, the rest I will do. The Tuning is Standard B.
It would be great, if you could make it!
Thanks and Greetz
MuCKe

well I'd love to and standard B is not a problem for my 5 string, thing is I broke a string last weekend and was going to replace them and calibrate it anyway, if you ca wait till next week I wqill gladly do it, if not then plague rider o maybe nicholas wolfwood can do it anyways. Good luck with that however it turns out

Yeah that´s no problem, drums aren´t recorded yet, too. Maybe plague_rider can do the job at first and then you, and maybe in the end, I can even mix your parts, you know, more people: more creativity! :lol: I don´t want to choose one out for the job, you know!
But Thanks to all for your efforts!
So you can write back when you guys finished or if you have any questions still, maybe about the notes!
Greetz

Just had a listen on my way from being "released" from work. I should restring my bass as well as its passive and the strings are a couple of months old. I'll def have a go, even if my take doesn't make the cut.

You just want it sent over in .wav format??

Great, that both of you want to make it! Thanks!
Yes, you send my the recorded wav file, maybe you load in on the dropbox like me and then post the link.
Yeah, if you hear the metronom then you notice there are 4 clicks in the beginning and then the track starts. It would be the best if you leave the the first bar empty and then start synced with the track.
Greetz