Sebastian Bach new album

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Certainly one of the most electrifying performers of any decade, Sebastian Bach is set to release "Angel Down" on November 20, his first solo album in eight years. The 14-song "Angel Down" was produced by Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, ROB HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST), and recorded in July and August 2006 at Sound City Studios in Hollywood, CA. The CD will be released via a joint venture between Merovingian Music, Ltd. (MRV) and Bach's Get Off My Bach Productions, and distributed worldwide through Caroline/EMI Music Group.

Joining Bach in the studio for "Angel Down" were guitarists "Metal" Mike Chlasciak and Johnny Chromatic, and Bobby Jarzombek on drums, all longtime members of Bach's touring band, as well as Steve DiGiorgio on bass. Rob DeLuca has been handling the bass duties for Bach during the past few months and will once again join the group on the road in support of the new CD.

Nine of the 14 songs on "Angel Down" were written or co-written by Bach including the first radio track, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap" (co-written with Roy Z). While more than two weeks away from its official "add" date (September 4), "Bitchslap" is already being played at powerhouse rock radio stations like KUPD in Phoenix and Boston's WAAF. Bach and Roy Z also co-wrote "You Don't Understand", "By Your Side", and "Our Love Is A Lie", while Bach teamed with Desmond Child for "Falling Into You". In addition, the band covered the Steven Tyler/Joe Perry classic "Back In The Saddle". Other tracks include "Stabbin' Daggers", "Take You Down with Me", "Negative Light", "Live & Die", "American Metalhead", "Stuck Inside" and "You Bring Me Down".

The cover art for "Angel Down" is an original painting by Bach's late father, the celebrated Canadian artist David Bierk who died in 2002. The painting, entitled "David Watching", was created in 1990 and is an emotional choice for Bach. Bierk also created the cover artwork for SKID ROW's 1991 album "Slave To The Grind", which Rolling Stone voted one of the top 5 album covers of the year. His paintings have been exhibited in art galleries all over North America.

"Angel Down" also represents a reunion of sorts — 20 years ago, Jack Ponti (then a successful songwriter and record producer, now MRV's CEO) worked with Jason Flom (then A&R rep at Atlantic Records, now Chairman and CEO of Capitol Music Group) who signed the Sebastian Bach-fronted SKID ROW to Atlantic Records. With MRV dedicated to supporting and developing artist-owned, management-owned and independent labels, and Flom calling the shots from EMI, a dynamic triumvirate has realigned.

I'm not a fan of Sab since he went off Skid Row (or a fan of SR for that matter). But after reading this news I'm going to give a try after all anything produced by Roy Z works, and frankly Mike Chlasciak and Bobby Jarzombek are hard to resist.

I actually like Bach's vocals and if Roy Z can capture the intensity of the first Skid Row album this should be a pretty good album! His old band mates latest album "Revolutions Per Minute" is great, IMO!

I'm a die hard Skid fan, but RPM was a pretty mediocre disc. A few good songs but pales in comparison to STTG or S/T.

Bach's new disc will be one of the best albums of the year. I've heard most of the songs live and they slay. Very heavy music, similar to Halford's solo album, but a lot more harmony guitars and fitted to sound somewhat like classic Skid Row.

Very heavy music, similar to Halford's solo album, but a lot more harmony guitars and fitted to sound somewhat like classic Skid Row.

I knew this tread will caught your eye ;) I hope you're right Seb is a great vocalist and I feel he has been "wasted" musically after his SR days. Besides with such a backup team I'm confident he'll deliver a great album,

NP: Conception - 'Flow'

Thanks for the info. Bach is an amazing vocalist, but I agree that he's done nothing (other than VH1) since the first two Skid Row albums.

Dee Snider can live on VH1 now. He's proven himself a legend. Bach needs to put out music that will leave a lasting impression.

Steve in Philly