SEBASTIAN BACH On GENE SIMMONS' 'Rock Is Dead' Claim: 'I Get Enough Rock In My Life'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach is the latest musician to respond to KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons' recent comment that "rock is dead."Simmons told Esquire magazine last month — in an interview conducted by his son Nick — that "rock did not die of old age. It was murdered. Some brilliance, somewhere, was going to be expressed and now it won't because it's that much harder to earn a living playing and writing songs. No one will pay you to do it."Simmons went on to elaborate that as a result of file-sharing and other issues, record label support for rock music was not available like it was when KISS was coming up, concluding, "It's finally dead. Rock is finally dead."Asked what we can do to keep rock alive, Bach IndiePower.com: "Well, you have to ask [Gene] that. I get enough rock in my life. I rock as hard as I can, and then I go to sleep. "Obviously [the old way of doing business in the music industry doesn't work anymore], but, I mean, that's not like a big news story. "[Sarcastically] There's this thing called the Internet. It's wrecked everything. I hope it's just a fad. "Prince says the Internet's just a fad. It's gonna be gone soon."Bach's latest solo album, "Give 'Em Hell", sold around 4,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 72 on The Billboard 200 chart. Bach's previous CD, "Kicking & Screaming", opened with 6,600 units back in October 2011 to land at No. 73. The singer's 2007 effort, "Angel Down", registered a first-week tally of 6,400 back to enter the chart at No. 190."Give 'Em Hell" was released on April 22 via Frontiers Records.

More...