SEBASTIAN BACH Says 'Give 'Em Hell' Sold More Copies First Week Than New OZZY OSBOURN

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
During a brand new interview with Illinois Entertainer, former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach spoke about the songwriting process for his latest solo album, "Give 'Em Hell"."I have this weird thing where I can't really sing lyrics that I don't believe in," he said. "And it makes people very mad at me. I can't just fake it, and I've tried in the past and it doesn't work. Some of the lyrics are so personal that I refused to put the lyrics on the record and the record company begged me to. Some of the lyrics on there are so personal that I don't even want you to read them!"He continued: "It's just such a nebulous process. You go into a studio with nothing and you're supposed to come out of there with 13 tunes that you're so proud of and that you love so much. And there's no rhyme or reason to how you get to that point."Bach added: "My ultimate dream in rock 'n' roll when I was fired from SKID ROW in 1996 was to possibly some day be like Ozzy Osbourne, in that he came up with [BLACK] SABBATH and then had a successful solo career. "Blabbermouth.com [sic] has this thing where they always print the first week sales of every record, which is annoying, but 'Give 'Em Hell' sold more copies the first week out than the new Ozzy Osbourne record. [Editor's note: Sebastian is presumably referring to Ozzy Osbourne's 'Memoirs Of A Madman' collection, a compilation of Ozzy's "greatest hit singles."] That's really a milestone for me because that's what I was trying to do. I think after three, four or five solo releases, I'm establishing myself in that way. This is the most successful solo record I've ever had.""Give 'Em Hell" sold around 4,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 72 on The Billboard 200 chart. "Memoirs Of A Madman" opened with around 4,200 copies to land at No. 90. Joining Sebastian during the recording sessions for "Give 'Em Hell" were Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES), and two top-class guitar players: John 5 (MARILYN MANSON, ROB ZOMBIE) and Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL). Rounding out the lineup on the CD were Devin Bronson (AVRIL LAVIGNE, PINK) on guitar and Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, RIOT, FATES WARNING) on drums. Duff and Sebastian previously collaborated on Duff's solo album "Believe In Me".

More...