Secret Sphere New Album Archetype!! (full song)

dionysus11

MSTmike3K
Feb 28, 2008
Columbus GA
New album to be released very soon!

SECRET SPHERE – a name guaranteed to make every Power Metal freak's heart beat faster with excitement and anticipation! Crediting bands like HELLOWEEN, ANGRA, DREAM THEATER and SAVATAGE as their biggest influences, SECRET SPHERE manage to honour the heritage of such big names while creating their very own brand of Symphonic Power Metal. SECRET SPHERE was founded in summer 1997, the initial spark coming from the talented guitarist Aldo Lonobile. After some line-up changes during the early days, the current line-up recorded their debut album “Mistress Of The Shadowlight” in 1999 through Elevate Records.

In 2000 SECRET SPHERE appeared on the prestigious “Keepers Of Jericho” – HELLOWEEN – Tribute sampler alongside big names such as SONATA ARCTICA and RHAPSODY. After the second album, “A Time Nevercome” (2001), SECRET SPHERE concentrated on touring all over Europe and signed with Nuclear Blast for 2003..s opus, “Scent Of Human Desire”. Produced by Achim Köhler (SINNER, PRIMAL FEAR), their third album reaped excellent reviews and high rankings in international metal press. 2003 saw them play various shows at well-known festivals including the Metal Dayz in Switzerland and the band was also invited to play the ProgPower USA festival in 2004.

“Heart & Anger”, SECRET SPHERE..S second release for Nuclear Blast – and their 4th, both showed their trademark strengths and the tendency to include even more majestic and orchestral elements and very aggressive parts. Achim Köhler / House Of Music – well-known for his heavy productions for SINNER, BRAINSTORM or PRIMAL FEAR – was responsible for the powerful yet detailed production once again. His duty was to melt SECRET SPHERE..S Speed / Power Metal riffing with the epic, symphonic parts recorded with a full orchestra. In 2005, Secret Sphere teamed up with Intromental Management to further the possibilities for the band in the heavy metal business. A tour was booked, as support band for Royal Hunt, but RH chose to cancel the tour 2 days into the schedule, leaving Secret Sphere with a devastated economy and a horrible experience. However, the band decided to fight on in spite of being this terrible incident.

With a newfound energy the band after few months, in april 2006 was again on the road supporting King Diamond on his Scandinavian tour. After the succuessfull tour, the band decided to begin working on a new album, this time, including a concept of the strange and moody world of Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, A Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.). Moreover, the band played stunning shows at several festivals, including ProgPower UK and the Evolution Fest in Italy. 2007 has been spent, writing material for the new opus, and Secret Sphere is ready for the recordings of the album that will bring them on top of the mountain that is heavy metal. Before to release the fifth album the band decided to come back on the road supporting the Swedish Hard Rockers Astral Doors on their European tour just to build up more the band's name.

Now everything is ready for the comeback ! “Sweet Blood Theory” is the final step to establish the band's trademark in the metal music. A concept album based on the Polidory's novel “The Vampire” (1814) here and there melted in the typical Tim Burton's moody world and the dark-epic Elfman Soundtracks. Musically the band showing an aggressiveness not usual for a power metal band keeping the unmistakeable style of the band in composing catchy melodies! Secret Sphere now has their unique sound !

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this band. Scent of Human Desire is one of my favorite albums.

SECRET SPHERE – a name guaranteed to make every Power Metal freak's heart beat faster with excitement and anticipation!

OK, this line alone had me cracking up..... :Smokin:

"Time Never Come" was a masterpiece, and they have been all over the board since then. I'll give them credit for not repeating the same formula over and over, but nor have they really captured the magic again either. Who knows? Maybe this will be the album to do it.

This sounds okay to me. I have never really been able to get in to this band. The music has always been pretty good but the vocals seem to bother me a bit.

I will admit their performance at progpower was awesome.

Brand

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/148326 :

"Long-running Italian power metallers SECRET SPHERE have announced the release of their album Archetype, via Scarlet Records.

Born after years of touring experience following legends of the metal scene like GAMMA RAY, the album is produced by Aldo Lonobile and Federico Pennazzato , and the artwork is made by the genius of Gustavo Sazes (ARCH ENEMY, FIREWIND, KAMELOT, ANGRA). The European version of Archetype includes two bonus tracks and incredible version of ‘The Look’, a cover of the best-selling song by the pop star band ROXETTE and the very first acoustic song composed by Secret Sphere ‘Vertigo’.

For more info on the band, including live dates, visit their MySpace page."

Old thread, but I just heard of this new Secret Sphere release and checked out a tune, I like it!

I tuned out of the band long ago, they got too generic for me (and seemed to try and be something they weren't musically).

Has anyone heard the full album to give a thumbs up or down on, or does it compare to the early days?

Last edited:
Old thread, but I just heard of this new Secret Sphere release and checked out a tune, I like it!

I tuned out of the band long ago, they got too generic for me (and seemed to try and be something they weren't musically).

Has anyone heard the full album to give a thumbs up or down on, or does it compare to the early days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH7MDgdkG-w

I wasn't familiar with their stuff at all, but having said that I checked out a few samples of the new album and decided to buy it from Laser's Edge. I just finished listening to it today and holy crap! I really enjoyed it! I would highly recommend this album to anyone looking for some good heavy power metal. There's a few songs with some death vocals but it's not a lot. Great shredding guitar and keyboards and the singer is phenomenal.

I can't speak to how it compares to their previous stuff, but I'll be checking it out for sure after hearing the new album.