Seeing Meshuggah tonight \o/

Woot, I'm leaving in an hour or so for Jurassic Rock festival. There's not that many good bands for me, but Meshuggah is playing tonight and I can't fucking wait to hear some of the new shit live. It's gonna be raining like hell until sunday, though :/ Well, just need enough booze so I won't notice it! :)

Those guys are buds of mine... and they absolutely fucking bring it on stage. You'll dig it.

I just listened to Contradictions Collapse this morning, what a coinkadink.

Meshuggah was fucking awesome. Also enjoyed some of the Finnish metal acts, as you can see:

galleria_jura.png

That's the result of Stam1na's wall of death :)

Hahahahahahahhahaha, holy shit man, that is a shiner! What's the tape for, did you actually have an open cut as well?

Hahahahahahahhahaha, holy shit man, that is a shiner! What's the tape for, did you actually have an open cut as well?

Yeah, open cut. It's always nice to see a new hospital :) It wasn't that bad, though. Just swollen and going to leave a scar, but I didn't lose any teeth etc. And they got the stitching done just in time so I made it back to see Meshuggah :)

Sloan said:
SHORT HAIR IN SIGHT.THERE'S GONNA BE A FIGHT!

Yeah, unfortunately the Finnish Defence Forces don't like long-haired soldiers. Oh well, it'll grow back.

Finland has Defence Forces?!? What for?? :lol:

Like keeping our independence in such scenarios as the Winter War? Wikipedia: "The Soviet forces outnumbered the Finns 4 to 1 in men, 200 to 1 in tanks, and 30 to 1 in aircraft.[4] However, the Soviet Red Army had recently been subjected to a drastic purge in 1937 that crippled it, reducing its morale and efficiency just before the war.[11] With up to 50% of army officers executed, including the vast majority of those of the highest rank, the Red Army in 1939 had many inexperienced senior officers.[12] Thus, the Finns were able to resist the invasion of their country with great success and for far longer than the Soviets had expected."

But I really don't want to discuss this further, still having my service in fresh memory and just starting to enjoy normal life again :)

Like keeping our independence in such scenarios as the Winter War? Wikipedia: "The Soviet forces outnumbered the Finns 4 to 1 in men, 200 to 1 in tanks, and 30 to 1 in aircraft.[4] However, the Soviet Red Army had recently been subjected to a drastic purge in 1937 that crippled it, reducing its morale and efficiency just before the war.[11] With up to 50% of army officers executed, including the vast majority of those of the highest rank, the Red Army in 1939 had many inexperienced senior officers.[12] Thus, the Finns were able to resist the invasion of their country with great success and for far longer than the Soviets had expected."

But I really don't want to discuss this further, still having my service in fresh memory and just starting to enjoy normal life again :)

Damn you Soviets! At least Indy kicked their asses too :loco:

I wasn't in for a discussion though, was a joke after all ;)

Haha, sorry. Care to explain how that happened?

I should take a photo because right now I'm having a black eye and a deep, pasted, cut beneath it. It totally looks like I've gotten into some bare knuckle romance but actually I accidentally hit myself very hard with my guitar at last weekends gig. Nobody believes that story, everybody thinks I've gotten into a fight... but damn my guitar didn't take it so well either, wholly covered with blood and sweat and the bridge pickup got smashed into the body.

But I basically never get into fights because a) I'm well-tempered and b) rather intimidating. It's always hard for me to relive other people being treated harshly disrespectful.

:saint: