Seismonic Repercussions of Mayhemistic Mellowness

ADS

Universe Igniter
...is the name of the latest song you'll find at my bands website... http://adifferentsun.com ...I invite you all to stop by and check it out, and would love to hear any comments you may have.

A Different Sun's music, in general, is kinda metal weirdness, fairly heavy, epic and powerful (attempts, anyway)... a traditional metal foundation, with classical influences, usually some weird Egyptian sounding stuff thrown in here and there... and big mood and atmosphere. The songs are usually nontraditional in structure, and somewhat complex... guitar driven, and on occasion rather symphonic. They are mostly instrumental, but there are a few songs with (somewhat crappy) vocals.

To give you some idea what to expect... Nowadays I am influenced by bands like Arcturus, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Vintersorg... but my root influences are bands like Fear Factory, Meshuggah, older Metallica, Pantera, Kinda Diamond. Pretty screwy, huh? :)

It's all free mp3's to download... there's no CD or anything (though I hope to make one someday). A Different Sun is a "for the love of music" creation with the sole purpose of making some interesting music that maybe one or two of you might enjoy.

So please feel free to stop by and check some stuff out... and questions/comments are always appreciated.

~Bob

--
A Different Sun
http://adifferentsun.com

Damn, this is very cool! I love the lead work going on, it's very tasteful and not just shredding to show off. Everything.....just...."fits". I really like what's going on at the end. Jeez, how many guitars are there? Very cool how each part steps into the spotlight for a second and then steps aside for the next part to come in. Very nice. 12 minutes and it flies by. Well worth the download. I bookmarked the site and I'll check in often to see what you come up with next. :worship: Great job!

BTW, What are you using to record this?

Wow, thanks man! I didn't think anyone was actually listening to that stuff :) But hey, let's not get too carried away here... it's not 12 minutes long! Only 11 :p

The recording was done with Cakewalk's SONAR at the core. This is where everything was written, the master recorded, etc. The keyboard and drums are all from a Roland XP-30, and then the guitar work goes through a POD. Most of the effects used were actually digital effects in SONAR... which is something new for me. I think it came out pretty cool though.

The next song will have to be something with vocals I think... and something much, much shorter in length :)

~R

:p Sorry, ELEVEN minutes....LOL!

Aren't POD's great for demos? Man, if mine went down today, I'd be at Guitar Center picking up a new one tonight. I love it. I'm not familiar with SONOR but it sounds great. Are the drums and keys MIDI or actual samples?

Vocals? Wow, that should be interesting. I like how the leads are almost lyrical, well maybe not lyrical but they work just as well as lyrics in this song. I'm looking forward to the next one. Oh, and I have no problems with the length with this one except for one thing....I live 3 miles from work and in order for me to listen to the whole thing on the way in, I need to drive around the block a few times to hear it all!

Release said:
I'm not familiar with SONOR but it sounds great. Are the drums and keys MIDI or actual samples?
They're ummm... well, I actually don't know. They're samples instruments for sure (I would assume, in the XP-30), but I wrote all the tracks note by note.

Vocals? Wow, that should be interesting.
Ahhhh I dunno... not as interesting as it sounds... since I kinda suck at singing :p I can do bm fairly well though, and an occasional clean note or two... so we'll see.

Oh, and I have no problems with the length with this one except for one thing....I live 3 miles from work and in order for me to listen to the whole thing on the way in, I need to drive around the block a few times to hear it all!
Hahaha that's hilarious. Next song I'll make exactly 5 minutes long so people can use it to like... time roadtrips and stuff :)

~R