Semper Tyrannis-Progressive/melodic death from New Jersey

ThePhilosopher

Metal??
Dec 26, 2001
NJ,USA
Visit site
Hello, this is my band in case anyone is interested. We're called Semper Tyrannis. I do guitars and vocals. We play what others have called melodic death, progressive death metal, and whatnot. I don't really have a name for it. Vocals are mostly growls. People have compared us to Dissection, Agalloch, At the Gates, Enslaved, among others. Main influences include Agalloch, Immolation, At the Gates (old mostly), Suffocation, Opeth, Gorguts, Mourning Beloveth, and Skepticism.

We have a site with 3 of our songs in streaming format on purevolume at www.purevolume.com/sempertyrannis. The song "A Prophet of Man's Fall" is available for full download at http://www.sempertyrannis.com/audio/.

The name of our upcoming 4 Song EP is "Casting Dark in Morning Light". It will be released independently by us sometime next month. All criticism is welcome. Feel free to sign our guestbook or register on our site for our message board if you like what you hear.

Maybe this is just me but the track is broken... it won't play on anything I have. (WMP, winamp, musicmatch nothing)

For anyone else interested, 3 of the songs on our EP are now available on our myspace site, www.myspace.com/sempertyrannis.

Weaver of Dreams, I'm not sure if you'll read this any time soon, but we sent in our CD to Metal Observer about 2 weeks ago. We're hoping to see a review in the coming weeks. Thanks for playing us on your station.