"Senem Diyici" Quartet (for jazz lovers)

turke

Aug 16, 2003
Dystopia
Hi people,
I'd like to introduce you this Turkish lady who lives in France.

She has a jazz quartet, and she covers traditional turkish form of music called "türkü" in jazz format. And it is really great. You gotta listen. May be you know, our music is not in well tempered system. There are many sharps and many flats in our music. Not just one in between each note :) I think that makes it very inspirational, free, and emotional in most cases, but it also makes it hard for musicians, to use polyphony in turkish music. We usually use fretless instruments. But in recent years, many turkish musicians (good ones) are melting turkish tunes and western vibes in the same pot, and the results are really amazing. "Senem Diyici" is one of the very good among them. Please check her out.

http://www.senemdiyici.com/

The site is in french. But easy to navigate.

MrFast said:
People speak french in Turkey?

Not that i know?

I'm not really into jazz, but i find the theory behind it very cool! And i just knew it was gonna be something Turkish when i saw the name Senem :)

No we speak turkish :) But she lives in France, so may be that's the reason her web site is french. All band members, including her husband are french also.