Sepultura/Angra Live in the USA

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
So apparently the news is out...Sepultura will be coming to the USA in the beginning of 2011 in the USA and Canada... Direct support will come from none less than Angra.

So far, two dates have been announced, and they're both in California:

1/13/11 House of Blues - Anaheim, CA
1/14/11 House of Blues - Hollywood, CA

Now I can make my personal comment to the news:

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! If there are no dates added to this, I guess I'll be in California for a couple of days! :lol:

very cool but what an odd mix. Sucks that they will only get like 45 minutes. But it is still 45 minutes of Angra!!!!

Yes and No. The two biggest names in Brazilian metal, for sure (Krisiun would be up there too). They toured South America together extensively, and according to the bands, the crowds really did well together, the respect was there.

For me, as a Brazilian, this a a friggin' dream. I can't wait to see this.

I got an email from Enter the Vault saying these are exclusive US appearances. At least for Sepultura, I guess.

Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA will return to the US for 2 exclusive shows in 2011. Joining them will be fellow Brazilian metallers ANGRA.

SEPULTURA, ANGRA
1/13/11 House of Blues – Anaheim, CA
1/14/11 House of Blues – Hollywood, CA

SEPULTURA have now added a special event VIP ticket for a pre-show meet-and-greet to take place one hour before doors. Each night, fans will get to meet and greet SEPULTURA. VIP and reduced service charge tickets on sale now exclusively

I think these shows are taking place during the 2011 NAMM convention. The bands could be in southern California for that.

NAMM takes place on Jan 13-16. I think it's highly smart that the bands scheduled these two shows on NAMM week. I am pretty damn sure the turnout will be very good for both nights.

NAMM stands for National Association Of Music Merchants. It's basically where all the musical instrument companies show their new products for the coming year. Kinda like the CES convention but for music equipment. It's not open to the public though.

I'd enjoy this pairing. Sepultura's Arise was one of the first CDs that I bought back in the day.

I thought I saw you back in the day buying Sepultura's "Beneath the Remains", "Morbid Visions", and "Schizophrenia" back on cassette tape in the 80's. I wish you would have said "Hello".

DAMN!!!!!!! :lol:

Never been a huge Sepultura fan, but seen em twice back in the day and they were great live.

Anyone see the Sepultura / Sacred Reich / Napalm Death / Sick of it All tour???

DAMN!!!!!!! :lol:

Never been a huge Sepultura fan, but seen em twice back in the day and they were great live.

Anyone see the Sepultura / Sacred Reich / Napalm Death / Sick of it All tour???

Me neither actually. I appreciate them though for what they were. Just something about them that doesn't quite fit my tastes.